Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Zistle complaints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
So I started using the Zistle site a couple of days ago after seeing it referenced on a thread here. At first I was excited. I am not really a fan of Beckett Organize and I really wanted an online place to catalog what I have and see what I want/don't have. I love that users can add cards, pics, and other info. Even though Zistle can do a lot, my excitement was soon dulled by all of its shortcomings. Here are some of the problems I see. I am listing them here because I know that the owner of the software is a member here and hopefully they will see this and make the necessary improvements.

* Too many duped cards. I know the software has some safeguards to keep this from happening, but by simply adding a hypen in between number and letters for a subset as an example the safeguards can be beat.

* I do not see a way to add a pic of a card from a website. As far as I can tell you can only upload a pic from your hard drive. The pic adding process would go much faster with the ability to use urls.

* You can input the print run for a card, but unless it is a rookie, relic or auto, the print run will not show up in the card description no matter how you drill down to it. The print run should

* This is the biggest one for me...the sorting really sucks. Almost every collector would like to have the card be able to be sorted in sequential order...oldest to newest and in alphabetical order. If there is a way to do that then I am missing it.

Any other comments or hints for me to solve my issues would be greatly appreciated. Again, this is meant to be constructive criticism as I think the site is a great improvement over anything else out there.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
I like that it works fairly well and quickly in terms of adding cards. There is a lot missing, and many of the sets I added were the first.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Gonzaleznut said:
So I started using the Zistle site a couple of days ago after seeing it referenced on a thread here. At first I was excited. I am not really a fan of Beckett Organize and I really wanted an online place to catalog what I have and see what I want/don't have. I love that users can add cards, pics, and other info. Even though Zistle can do a lot, my excitement was soon dulled by all of its shortcomings. Here are some of the problems I see. I am listing them here because I know that the owner of the software is a member here and hopefully they will see this and make the necessary improvements.

* Too many duped cards. I know the software has some safeguards to keep this from happening, but by simply adding a hypen in between number and letters for a subset as an example the safeguards can be beat.

* I do not see a way to add a pic of a card from a website. As far as I can tell you can only upload a pic from your hard drive. The pic adding process would go much faster with the ability to use urls.

* You can input the print run for a card, but unless it is a rookie, relic or auto, the print run will not show up in the card description no matter how you drill down to it. The print run should

* This is the biggest one for me...the sorting really sucks. Almost every collector would like to have the card be able to be sorted in sequential order...oldest to newest and in alphabetical order. If there is a way to do that then I am missing it.

Any other comments or hints for me to solve my issues would be greatly appreciated. Again, this is meant to be constructive criticism as I think the site is a great improvement over anything else out there.
As far as sorting click set at the top and then card #.As for the other stuff use the live help or suggestion link.Posting here is going to do much to improve those issues.The only problem I dislike is the multply listing of the same card.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
Some complaints I have

-Adding a team to the listing should be mandatory, nothing worse that when you love the auto sort feature, but it only works sometimes

and that teams like the Rays and Devil Rays should not be sepperated.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
jeff550 said:
Some complaints I have

-Adding a team to the listing should be mandatory, nothing worse that when you love the auto sort feature, but it only works sometimes

Agree about both completely.So far I have added teams to the 1979 and 1978 Topps sets

ashley_at_zistle

Jun 28, 2011
Gonzaleznut said:

Thanks for the feedback. I am one of the site owners and we definitely know that there is a lot of room for improvement. Too many duped cards - this is definitely an area of concern that we are working on. One of the main reason why this happens is that we allow users to import cards via a CSV file into their collection (since some people have them organized this way). If they have a dash or a lower case when it should be upper case, then it creates a duplicate entry. We are trying to solve this with two features.

1. Relaunch our set expert panel that allows users (and us moderators) to mark a set as complete. Once that happens, we will be alerted that a member is trying to add a card to a set marked complete and we will investigate before allowing it to be added.

2. Create smarter features around recognizing/ignoring dashes and the case of the card number in order to not create duplicate entries on importing.

If you do notice issues like this, you can flag a set and tell us the problem (this entire set has duplicates) and we can go in and moderate it pretty quickly. It is definitely easier than you updating every single card.

Your idea about being able to add pictures from a URL is definitely something we should add. We want to make it as easy as possible to add photos and URLs would definitely make it easier, thanks for the suggestion.

Your note about the print run not showing up is a bug. We'll fix that right away.

Someone else's note about sorting is accurate. If you see the little arrow icon on the header, and click that, it will automatically sort by that column. Ping me if you are still not seeing that.

Again, thanks for the feedback. We'll try our best to moderate other forums but the best way to make sure we get your message is adding a suggestion at http://feedback.zistle.com

ashley_at_zistle

Jun 28, 2011
jeff550 said:
Some complaints I have

Hi there. We completely understand the frustration about teams. We have tried to make it as easy as possible to add teams to help fill out the data. In list view, you can click the add team link and type in the name and you can instantly add that information.

The reason that it isn't mandatory is that some cards do not have a team. We could make a field that displays no team and make it mandatory at some point though.

I can understand your point about not separating the team names but we are striving for accuracy whenever possible (we completely realize it isn't perfect yet). The Devil Rays are a tough one since the name change is minor and it happened recently but we do it for every other team when it moves so if we did not so it for the Rays it would be confusing and inconsistent.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Well I can say the cust. service is their
You complained on a message board and within 2 hours they found YOU
and I have no idea what the sites even about lol

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Thanks Ashley for responding so quickly to my concerns.

As far as the sorting goes, I know that you can sort ab any individual column. If you sort by Year for example it will put the cards in year order, but the descriptions are jumbled up. I want to be able to sort by year and the arrange the cards alphabetically by description. I guess it is like haveing many sort levels instead of just one.

Can this be done?

zistle_josh

Jun 25, 2011
Gonzaleznut said:
Thanks Ashley for responding so quickly to my concerns.

As far as the sorting goes, I know that you can sort ab any individual column. If you sort by Year for example it will put the cards in year order, but the descriptions are jumbled up. I want to be able to sort by year and the arrange the cards alphabetically by description. I guess it is like haveing many sort levels instead of just one.

Can this be done?

At the moment there is no perfect way to do this, though I will look into adding a few things which will help.

Right now your best stopgap measure would probably be to search for a year, then sort the search results. You would at least get all of your 1999 cards sorted by something. I will add something tonight to give you a more sensible result when you sort by year (i.e. not allow the set information to be random), since I think that your use case is probably the most common one and a good default.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
Just though of one more thing while adding more cards

the abbility to minimize you subcollections so that you dont have to scrol as much.

Members online