Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Panini Brick & Mortar Distribution Program

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Posted this on the football board but thought it would get some more discussion over here.

Panini Authorized Distributors,

We will be launching our new B/M program with the solicitation of 10/11 NT
Basketball. Over the next few days, Panini direct accounts will be receiving updates
as to their current status. They will still have the opportunity to complete the
application process. This letter will highlight some of the key points of the
program and inform them about the price increase on all products starting with NT
Basketball.

I will send out 2 separate authorized lists. One list will be our qualified direct
list and the second list will be stores that have been submitted for approval. No
one can be sold any Panini product for the first 30 days of release if they are not
an approved Panini retailer and only authorized B/M can receive product for the
first 7 days product is live unless otherwise approved by me (i.e. National Trade
Show).

In addition, I will be sending you the Distributor MAPP Policy guidelines and the
Authorized Retailer MAPP Policy guidelines.

What are the highlights of the program?

· 7 day window for Authorized B/M retailers

· Retail MAPP Policy effective for 30 days from release date

· No business to business posting for 30 days from release for retailers

· Online case breakers must be submitted for approval

· Removing the SRP from products

· Authorized Panini Distributors may post on B2B in accordance with MAPP
guidelines

· Authorized Panini Distributors can sell (Pre-booking) to authorized
retailers at manufacturer listed wholesale price

· Authorized Panini Distributors may not sell below manufacturer listed
wholesale price for 30 days after release

· Case sizes will be the same going forward for Masters and Directs

· Authorized Panini Distributors are not allowed to sell to the end consumers

· Panini has the right to review all case sales and to allocate at our
discretion

· Can only sell to approved retailers for first 30 days of product release

· All case sales to non-authorized accounts after 30 days must be submitted
for approval

· No Cross border selling

· All product trades must be approved

Additionally....

· Brick & Mortar Stores will no longer be permitted to wholesale Panini
product - any stores caught continuing this practice will be terminated from the
authorized program.

· Only approved Authorized Internet Retailers may sell Panini product
online. Customer applications will be available in a few days. There will only be a
small number chosen to retail Panini products online. Show dealer applications will
be sent out during the next week to 10 days.

Stay tuned for program updates...

Rodney Alsup| Sales Manager

Panini America, Inc

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
· Only approved Authorized Internet Retailers may sell Panini product
online. Customer applications will be available in a few days. There will only be a
small number chosen to retail Panini products online. Show dealer applications will
be sent out during the next week to 10 days.

Guess no one can sell Panini cards on ebay unless they are approved.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
All In Cards said:
·

I'm guessing this applies only to direct distributors and not secondary market (i.e people who buy from distributors to flip, or hobby shops who aren't authorized brick & mortars that order from authorized distributors)?

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
cmnkb8 said:
All In Cards said:
·

I'm guessing this applies only to direct distributors and not secondary market (i.e people who buy from distributors to flip, or hobby shops who aren't authorized brick & mortars that order from authorized distributors)?

i think you missed andrew's attempt at being sarcastic

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
bowmanchromeandorr said:
cmnkb8 said:
All In Cards said:
·

i think you missed andrew's attempt at being sarcastic

Did I? If so then *WHOOSH*...it's breezy in here :benson:

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
I doubt people will be busting down the doors at shops clamoring for Panini cards. If anything, for those that don't have LCS's, they'll simply buy something else (except for the NBA cards where you have no choice). I just don't see this program working as intended.

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
It's about time. Now if the other companies will follow suit---there may be some LCS still around in a year.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
cmnkb8 said:
I doubt people will be busting down the doors at shops clamoring for Panini cards. If anything, for those that don't have LCS's, they'll simply buy something else (except for the NBA cards where you have no choice). I just don't see this program working as intended.
My boycott of Panini is now over a year and a half. And I love basketball. I just will not buy any Panini products due to my experiences with their first 2 NBA Basketball releases. And I'm still having issues with customer service to this day. I guess my $10K+ in annual purchases on Basketball releases are just peanuts to them.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
hoopster3977 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
People still buy panini products?
Not me, and their football products suck also.
thats the funniest thing about this new business model.

they are putting out inferior products, and now are making it harder and more expensive to acquire said products.

that NBA license must be effing them hard. hope for their sake, there is not a lockout.

another question. doesn't the foreign market help drive basketball sales?

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
its the same with UD for the most part.

"authorized" is the word in the industry for 2011

were "exclusive" was a few years ago

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
chashawk said:
hoopster3977 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
People still buy panini products?
Not me, and their football products suck also.
thats the funniest thing about this new business model.

they are putting out inferior products, and now are making it harder and more expensive to acquire said products.

that NBA license must be effing them hard. hope for their sake, there is not a lockout.

another question. doesn't the foreign market help drive basketball sales?
Yes, foreign sales do drive the market. I sold more basketball product Internationally than either baseball or football. Especially the high end products that are low numbered. I just made sure that I had tracking on all high dollar items I sold. Australia is a great market for basketball.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
This is their best effort to keep B&M's in competition with online wholesalers. The problem is enforcement but we'll see...

Sportsnutcards

May 4, 2009
Belmar, NJ
The Upper Deck program has worked so far, and I hope the Panini program will work as well, but they need to improve some of their product lines if they are going to be able to enforce it.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Sportsnutcards said:
The Upper Deck program has worked so far, and I hope the Panini program will work as well, but they need to improve some of their product lines if they are going to be able to enforce it.

Have to give UD props for program. Has worked well. Look at Goodwin. Maybe slowly UD gets back under it's feet and becomes a player again. Panini is smart trying something like this, I'm sure Topps will follow. Nice way to to have stuff going through the dealers and help weed out the scammers.

Members online