Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

wow ebay, just wow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
evolution sports marketing, ( not sure of exact name ) stu and lisa, are the latest to get the kiss of death.
they were given complete RIP, but made call after call after call and finally were given
a 6k a month limit. they do 8 times that usually. They have no clue what they did, but some
crazy software program spinning out of control at ebay knows why.
just insane.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
That's crap. They sound familiar to me, probably bought something from them at some point. If ebay cannot give a direct and straight answer to someone as to why their account was locked down/suspended/etc, it should be returned to the way it was because they obviously cannot prove they did anything wrong anyway.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about, but half of the things eBay does don't even make sense for eBay. I honestly wonder if the people who create their policies and make their decisions are 2nd graders.

Why cut thousands of dollars of sales when you're getting a fat percentage of it? Especially when it's on tenured sellers with good reputations and seemingly for no good reason whatsoever.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
ballerskrip said:
THey set up at all of the bigs shows, have 6-8 tables, sadly everything is far too overpriced for me......

FAR too overpriced, and the guy acts like a ******

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Jastermereel said:
ballerskrip said:
THey set up at all of the bigs shows, have 6-8 tables, sadly everything is far too overpriced for me......

At least the woman (his wife or whatever) is easier to work with...

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
Jastermereel said:
ballerskrip said:

oh deff far to overpriced, and can deff act *******, but liek lots of people
if you know them they are really pretty decent. Like i said, I believe ebay
is simply following what some kind of program is telling them. Hard to believe
people could be making these decisions.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
THe thing I don't understand is.....

They want everthing to use free shipping, right? So they lump that into the final value fees. YET, they charge you MORE for listing anything at more than $.99. At least make everything with Free shipping under $20 as a $.10 listing fee. Come on FEEBAY!

That way I can at least take $3.00 cards and list them at $4.99 with free shipping, DOH.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
boomo said:
Jastermereel said:
ballerskrip said:

That's what I'm saying. Maybe their program can quantify douchiness to determine who gets limited.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I believe that eBay is targeting big businesses and corporations and does not really care about the "little guys" sellers (and by "little" I mean small businesses included.) I did a paper on eBay for grad school and that was the only conclusion that made any sense.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Topnotchsy said:
I believe that eBay is targeting big businesses and corporations and does not really care about the "little guys" sellers (and by "little" I mean small businesses included.) I did a paper on eBay for grad school and that was the only conclusion that made any sense.

I'm surprised you even found one conclusion that made any sense in a paper about eBay.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Topnotchsy said:

That's exactly right. They are trying to imitate and compete with Amazon.com and host the internet sales for larger businesses.

benjamincarm

Jun 11, 2011
boomo said:
Jastermereel said:
ballerskrip said:

That would be my guess 100%, there is a program that is picking up something they are doing and saying it's illegal. If they were put on a 6K limit, my guess would be something in the money laundering aspect. I'm in no way saying that's what they are doing, but my guess is it would be something of that nature. But if it's done through Paypal, I'm not sure how they would get away with it,as there would be an obvious paper trial, so who knows...just a guess.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
In Ebay's eye's they would prefer to have a "few" big sellers of sports cards and memorabillia and this is their way of getting there. Getting rid of Burbank's competition in a bloodless coup so to speak.

I truly think Ebay views all under 100K a year sellers as headaches and would prefer all of their sales go to the Burbank's of the world.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Stu and Lisa are good people Stu being far cooler then Lisa. They are not married theyre just business partners. They buy for dirt from dealers and jack the prices If you know them theyll give you a discount. They are honest dealers who do insane volume. I cant believe they got kicked down. What good does limiting sellers who have the ability to bring in a ton of money and who are honest sellers. This is bad folks

Izl Grzl

Apr 7, 2011
I know Stu and Lisa and have done business with them on multiple occasions. They have done ample amounts of business with a good friend of mine who is on collecting hiatus while he finalizes the sale of his first house and plans his wedding. Stu and Lisa are nice people and friendly. They ARE business people though and they make offers and sell at the prices that MOST benefit THEM. If you say yes, good for them...but if you disagree and counter they are open to negotiation. Most Dealers on the business side of the table (at a show) will only be as "*******" as the attitude of the person they are dealing with. That being said, it is ashame that they have hit this bump in the road and I wish them all the best getting their business back on line.

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Izl Grzl said:
I know Stu and Lisa and have done business with them on multiple occasions. They have done ample amounts of business with a good friend of mine who is on collecting hiatus while he finalizes the sale of his first house and plans his wedding. Stu and Lisa are nice people and friendly. They ARE business people though and they make offers and sell at the prices that MOST benefit THEM. If you say yes, good for them...but if you disagree and counter they are open to negotiation. Most Dealers on the business side of the table (at a show) will only be as "*******" as the attitude of the person they are dealing with. That being said, it is ashame that they have hit this bump in the road and I wish them all the best getting their business back on line.

:lol:
i dont know much about this thread, but i do know the person who posted this is probably stu or lisa.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Izl Grzl said:

FYI both sides of the table are "business sides." And, yes, that guy is a colossal ******.

Members online