Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Donovan Tate Suspended 50 Games For Drug Test

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
normal_CocaineRickJames-300x240.jpg

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Curse of the 3rd pick, Longoria is the best one for the last 20 years I think. Man I hope Machado bucks the trend.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
mwashuc06 said:
Curse of the 3rd pick, Longoria is the best one for the last 20 years I think. Man I hope Machado bucks the trend.

It does seem like that pick is cursed. The only other good one I can think of is Glaus.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
It's pot he's smoking.

SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman
Top padres prospect donovan tate was suspended by mlb after being caught with marijuana a 2nd time

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Awesome, just sold to cards via BO on Ebay this AM. Wonder if I should even ship them out as most likely they will be returned for refunds.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
I think people are definitely over-exaggerating the effect of this news. From that article, it sounds like he only has to serve 25 games(since he already did 25?). This all makes sense-Tate wasn't out over a month with a bone bruise-he was out during May because of this. That would be where he served 25 games already, but the Padres obviously didn't want that news getting out. And it explains how the Padres magically knew he was out until June 1st, when it was early May and he had a bone bruise. That didn't make sense to me at the time, how it was so precise date to return(about a month away), yet such a minor injury. So, sounds like he did it again, and here we are. This is all just a guess, of course.

As for his prices, how can they get that much worse? I mean come on guys, he was just out over a month earlier for what we all thought was a knee bruise or whatever-another 25 games hardly puts a dent in his value.

And what made Josh Hamilton so famous? His story, and how he overcame addiction. Is he Josh Hamilton? No, of course not. But honestly, I don't see how this hurts Tate's prices as much as some are making it sound like.

packbusta

Aug 15, 2010
chompsmcgee said:
And the Padres track record with top picks continues to grow more embarrassing...

Top pick since 2004: Matt Bush, Cesar Carrillo, Matt Antonelli, Nick Schmidt, Allan Dykstra, Donovan Tate, and Karsten Whitson.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
packbusta said:
chompsmcgee said:
And the Padres track record with top picks continues to grow more embarrassing...

Top pick since 2004: Matt Bush, Cesar Carrillo, Matt Antonelli, Nick Schmidt, Allan Dykstra, Donovan Tate, and Karsten Whitson.

Padres need a new talent/scouting director

Members online

Latest posts