Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

One card mailday with my 1910's Red Sox all-star team!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks to a Net54 seller I knocked off a much needed name off my Red Sox vintage card list. The cards I have been after are for card years from 09'-18' of players in a Red Sox uni only.

Here is what I got in today:

gardnerm1014.jpg

Only $20. :D Card is in VG-EX condition with the original gloss still intact. :) Been after a Larry Gardner FOREVER!! Nice to finally cross that one off the list....

Now here we go, my pre-war Red Sox all star team from the 1910's......

Starting Pitcher - Eddie Cicotte

e95cicotte.jpg

First Base - Jake Stahl

stahlt3front.jpg

Second Base - Amby McConnell

ambymcconnellm116front.jpg

Shortstop - Heinie Wagner

190911t206heiniewagner.jpg

Third Base - Larry Gardner

gardnerm1014.jpg

Left Field - Duffy Lewis

psasub1.jpg

Center Field - Tris Speaker

t206speakerfront.jpg

Right Field - Harry Hooper

e91harryhooperfront.jpg

Catcher - Bill Carrigan

billcarrigant3front-1.jpg

Closer - Charley Hall

1911m116hallfront.jpg

Reserve Pitchers - Frank Arellanes, Ed Karger

e96front.jpg

m116kargerfront.jpg

Reserve Outfielder - Harry Niles

t3nilesfront.jpg

Reserve Infielder - Harry Lord

1911m116lordfront.jpg

Reserve Catcher - Forrest Cady

cadyfront.jpg

Team is still not complete, as I would like to get a Steve Yerkes [2B] and Smokey Joe Wood [SP]....Almost there, though! :cool:

Thanks for looking!

-Scott

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh

absolutely F@#$ing amazing Scott. the All-Star team looks incredible together and congrats on finally getting them all.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Almost forgot!!

Manager - Bill Carrigan
With a W% of .634 over 4 seasons from 13'-16' with TWO World Series victories :shock:

carriganm116front.jpg

pghbuccos said:

absolutely F@#$ing amazing Scott. the All-Star team looks incredible together and congrats on finally getting them all.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Dave, had a feeling you would enjoy! Still working on my All-time Red Sox team, though. ;)

stu - Many thanks! :D

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
rebelpawn said:
Holy crap Scott, that's awesome! And you certainly can't beat the price. Well done sir!!!
Thanks a ton, James! I have been wanting a Gardner for a while and M101-4/5 is one of my favorite sets. How could I not pass up that price?! :mrgreen:

JackLondon - Thanks Andrew! Collection is about 3 years in the making, and hopefully I can cross off a few more much needed cards by the end of the year, as pickups nowadays are far in between.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Awesome stuff! I love the E95 Cicotte. I'm in the same boat as you, kind of, with wanting a Smokey Joe Wood. I'd love to have his '14 CJ card.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
wideright said:
Great card, Scotty! Congrats on a sweet Red sox card for your collection.
Thanks Dave! I am not sure if I have posted this, and it's a terrible pic (need to scan it), but it's an awesome photo of Larry Gardner in a World Series warm up jacket stamped on the back with a 1912 date on it...

dec091.jpg

RiceLynnEvans75 - Thanks, E95 Cicotte is one of my favorites as well, I am a sucker for red backgrounds. ;) I love Smokey Joes Cracker Jack but it's a bit too pricey for me, I have been outbid on a few in the past. Actually all of his cards are very expensive (understandably) including his T207, M116, etc....I guess I have to start saving up, :(

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
selah150pslm said:
Nice collection and project!

Frank Arellanes was a pretty young man, wasn't he? :lol:
:lol:
Laughed out loud on that one! Maybe that was his way of intimidating the hitters! :shock: :D

RiceLynnEvans75 - Awesome....GOOD LUCK :) Although if you win I am sure I would be asking you for more than one card :oops: :lol:

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Awesome mailday Scotty! Your collection is fanatastic! I always enjoy seeing your maildays. I also like that you'll generally include some information about the player and/or card. It's nice to see young collectors have such an interest in vintage and the history of the game. We've talked tons, but I don't know if I've ever told you the appreciation I have for your collection. :D

Buck15_24

Jun 11, 2011
Wow. that's an amazing collection you've got going! congrats on the pickup, it's awesome to see a collection like this!

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
muskiesfan said:
Awesome mailday Scotty! Your collection is fanatastic! I always enjoy seeing your maildays. I also like that you'll generally include some information about the player and/or card. It's nice to see young collectors have such an interest in vintage and the history of the game. We've talked tons, but I don't know if I've ever told you the appreciation I have for your collection. :D
Thank you Joe, glad to see that others enjoy my collection as much as I do. :D I am not sure if I have ever mentioned it, but I have been into the history of the game since around 2003....I remember I was at my LCS (no longer in business :( owner was a REAL nice guy...), and I bought one single pack of 2003 Donruss Diamond Kings (still to this day one of my favorite modern sets). I had been reading Beckett mags and saw that a lot of customers opened their packs in the store, which I never did. It was the first time I had done so, and low and behold I pulled this beauty:

tycobbbat50.jpg
(#/50) :D

I was THRILLED! You should have seen the look on my face :lol: ....it was such a beautiful GU card. It went straight into that screw down holder. I knew it was a huge pull (well at that time I was excited over any GU pull..but I knew this card was special) but one problem...I didn't know who the heck Ty Cobb was. :oops: I asked him who Ty Cobb was and he told me he was in the HOF and was a great hitter. That day I went home and hopped on the computer, good ole' dialup lol, and did some research on this Ty Cobb fella. I found out that he was one of the greatest baseball players who ever lived and I was amazed at his #'s. I bought a Ty Cobb biography a couple weeks later, and from that point on I wanted to learn more about great players like Cobb. I looked up other HOF'ers and eventually looked into my own teams history....let's just say I was hooked. :D Now today I am a stats junkie, heh. I am glad I made it to the Baseball Hall of Fame a few years ago....that place was like heaven!<3

I apologize for the wall of text though, I got a little carried away!

Buck15_24 - Thank you very much! Now I just have to get my Red Sox all-time list started, and see where I am at card wise. I know I am going to need a Cy Young, probably a couple others too....like they say, the fun is in the chase. :cool:

Members online

Latest posts