Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WOW!!! The Mets are POUNDING the Tigers tonight.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
2 Grand slams, 1 by Bay, and 1 by Beltran. Murphy has a HR. Holy Smokers, lol.

Edit: Oh, and Reyes is a HR from the cycle, with 4-4. 2 singles, dble, and his 15 triple. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
schmidtfan20 said:
The Mets would be contenders if they played in some of those AL divisions. OH well.

Kevin

I'm actually surprized at how well they're playing even without Wright and Ike. They've been spraying the ball all over the field.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
I'm going to throw some cold water on you Mets fans. Don't get too excited - did you see the fatties that Porcello was serving up? It looked like batting practice. And Schlereth will never be a long term answer. He gets behind the count too much.

I have to agree with you guys on Reyes. He has been amazing. The Tigers could use him and move Peralta to third base.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
archiebunkerjr said:
I'm going to throw some cold water on you Mets fans. Don't get too excited - did you see the fatties that Porcello was serving up? It looked like batting practice. And Schlereth will never be a long term answer. He gets behind the count too much.

I have to agree with you guys on Reyes. He has been amazing. The Tigers could use him and move Peralta to third base.

I'd be offended if I wasn't such a huge Archie Bunker fan. :D

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
69MetsFan said:
archiebunkerjr said:

I'd be offended if I wasn't such a huge Archie Bunker fan. :D

^^^^ This. :D

chiefer77

Mar 10, 2010
Ogdensburg, New York
69MetsFan said:
Wow, we're one game above .500 and it's almost July! :shock:

Most say that the Mets are over achieving and maybe they are a bit, but they actually do have some good talent in the young guys. If the Mets can stay within striking distance of the WC by the all star break, they'll get Wright, Santana back, possibly Davis. You could see them make a Ricky Vaughn Cleveland Indians style run.

They aren't as bad a team as everyone says. I've been enjoying this season more then the last few, that's for sure.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
chiefer77 said:
69MetsFan said:
Wow, we're one game above .500 and it's almost July! :shock:

Most say that the Mets are over achieving and maybe they are a bit, but they actually do have some good talent in the young guys. If the Mets can stay within striking distance of the WC by the all star break, they'll get Wright, Santana back, possibly Davis. You could see them make a Ricky Vaughn Cleveland Indians style run.

They aren't as bad a team as everyone says. I've been enjoying this season more then the last few, that's for sure.

Very well spoken. With the new manager & GM, I think there's hope for the near future.

chiefer77

Mar 10, 2010
Ogdensburg, New York
bigpapiMA32 said:
Can't remember the last time I saw a guy slug over .520 with only three home runs....Reyes is incredible.

I am a huge Mets fan, as you probably guessed, but I really feel that Reyes is the most exciting player to watch this season. Despite him not hitting home runs, which lets face it, it's not his job to do so. Just watching him leg out all those triples has been something to watch.

Members online

Latest posts