Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If someone asks you to pay via western union, it's a scam.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I had hoped something like this would be common sense, but it has come to my attention that there is a scam going on here where a trader will bait users into sending him a western union payment after many failed paypal attempts.

DO NOT SEND WESTERN UNION TO ANYONE YOU DO NOT KNOW.

No exceptions.

You have no recourse to protect yourself with this type of payment.

cheesepizza pirates4

This guy has successfully ran this scam here.

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
how am i gong to send my regular scheduled payments to Nigeria so i can pay off the government in order to get my inheritance from a long lost relative?

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
I've already corresponded with several Nigerians who won lotteries totalling over $30 million US

They said they'll be sending me my share shortly. All it took was my bank account information and social security number. No Western Union required.

superwhat

Jun 19, 2010
If the seller has a legitimate reason for using money order then tell them to send first. case closed. Just did a deal for a high end card using money order on another board. Card came.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
superwhat said:
If the seller has a legitimate reason for using money order then tell them to send first. case closed. Just did a deal for a high end card using money order on another board. Card came.
Assuming you do not know and trust the seller. I often ask for an MO on high-end deals because I don't use Paypal Gift, and the fees can hurt. Obviously you need to build a reputation first, but I've received MO's for as much as $5000 and there was never any intention of scamming.