Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If trading with cheesepizza or pirates4 check this thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazylox23

Aug 8, 2008
If anyone has the town where he is from. and can get me his area code. I will have his phone number in my phone

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009
cgilmo said:
This guy has been running a scam on here, and he needs to be held accountable for it.

If you are in a trade with him, please post here. It is time to pool up the info.

Would you mind pm'ing me some info... we had not completed anything, but we were in the middle of making a deal.

This kind of raised some red flags though: "I don't take paypal, and would be only looking to sell...I wanted to know if u buy by other means than paypal?"

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
JTfor3 said:
cgilmo said:
This guy has been running a scam on here, and he needs to be held accountable for it.

If you are in a trade with him, please post here. It is time to pool up the info.

Would you mind pm'ing me some info... we had not completed anything, but we were in the middle of making a deal.

This kind of raised some red flags though: "I don't take paypal, and would be only looking to sell...I wanted to know if u buy by other means than paypal?"

Check the other thread concerning Western Union.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Pirates4's IP traces back to Kent State University, guess I gotta block the whole damn campus.

This is the second incident of a scammer from there, probably the same person.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
cgilmo said:
Pirates4's IP traces back to Kent State University, guess I gotta block the whole damn campus.

This is the second incident of a scammer from there, probably the same person.

KentState.jpg

mgsherm

Aug 7, 2008
Jacksonville, Florida
He has gotten me for $60. I have an address for him that I sent too. He has strung me along for about 2 months. Originally sent me a UPS tracking code that never ended up being scanned bu USPS. Never received and renegotiated and once again was given a tracking number and a picture of a drop off reciept from a UPS store that had also never been scanned by UPS. Finally he said he would send me a refund, guess what next.... never heard from him again. I will gladly post his address if is acceptable to the mods. Just to clarify it was a deal with cheesepizza.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Here is my recent interaction with pirates4:

Told me he was a trucker and couldn't check FCB all the time. Wanted me to send him money via Moneygram for a brand new GameBoy Advance SP. He said he couldn't use PayPal because it was too complicated to transfer the money out of it or something. Never provided pictures and did not respond to my PM asking for pictures.

Gave me directions on how to use Moneygram, but I was hesitant from the start.

I was just about to send him a message saying I was not going to do the deal, but glad I saw this thread.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Thank you for posting this...I had a deal in the works with him, but was pulling out b/c it was just not a believable situation. Here are the details...

1. I posted a thread in the transaction area that I am looking to buy some Clay Buchholz cards.

2. He responds with "Hi; I saw the thread, and I will look and see what I have, and will try and upload to my bucket what I do have...I don't take paypal though, would u be willing to possibly buy by other means than paypal?...Please let me know..Thanks alot; Jim

3. I reply and say that I am willing to do something other than pay pal (mailed check or money order)

4. He responds with "I will see what I have, and try and upload them here soon to my bucket...I drive trucks for a living, and right now, I am sitting here in New Mexico, waiting to pick up a load of strawberries...I take my cards with me, cause I am gone on the road for up to 6-8 weeks at a time, and I am not usually home...I have a moneygram account set-up through my work, cause it's just easier for me..All is takes is running to "Wally world" :lol: , and sending it to my account...It goes in there instantly, and I will be at fed-ex here this evening, so I am willing to overnight them to you, that way you could possibly have them tomorrow, if u dont mind payment that way..If it's ok, I will let u know what info u need, but I will chk and see what I have right now...Thanks;Jim
P.S. Wal-mart charges $4.95 to send, but I can send u the $5 back if u want, I have no problems with that...

This is the first real red flag(s) for me...no way is he trucking these cards around...his bucket is LOADED with the top cards out there, he wants the money in a non-traceable way, will refund my fees and will ship overnight? No way.

5. He follows up with "I have what I had in my bucket now...I have 2 RC Refractors of his Bowman Chrome, and 2 Bowman Chrome Regular cards too...Take a look, and lmk what u need...I would be willing to move them all, if u want them all, please make me a offer...Thanks; Jim

This is the second red flag for me (and the final straw) he magically produced the top cards for this player and all of the scans are crystal clear (from his truck?). NO WAY could he have been carrying these around and produced real scans like that.

6. At this point, I reach out to some other people on here for their opinion on this situation and I see the write up that someone did in the transactions area (thanks!) about this being a probable scam.

7. I keep my thread with him going by indicating that I am interested in the cards (with no intention of sending money) to see where it goes...it goes no where. He has disappeared. By the way - this all happened YESTERDAY - June 28!

I am lucky and thankful with my timing on this. Had I happened upon him a week or two ago I may have sent him some $. Lesson learned. I hope no one got hurt too bad and I hope he gets what he deserves.

EDIT:

He just contacted me...obviously has not seen this thread...here is his email:

"Thanks for the compliments, I have spent tons of money, to ammase what I do have, I have tons of more stuff not added yet, I hit that Pujols out of 3 boxes of tribute that I opened...I have had a offer, but it was really "low-balled", and down right disrespectful to be honest with you..The offer was $600, and to me that was a insult..They go for $1400-$1700 roughly in that ballpark..

On the Buchholz, I was thinking the following:

(1) sparkle has sold for $24.99 (It is a SP)...I would ask $20.00
Finest Auto $20.00
Bowman Refractor $35.00

But for all of them, I would take $60.00

Lmk if this is ok, and we could possibly work out payment details, if the price sounds ok to you...

Thanks;
Jim

P.S. If you need me to overnight them to you, I could do that, that's nto a problem...As for the strawberries, yeah they were fresh, but it is hot as....well you know :lol:"

Too bad...I really wanted those cards. :evil:

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
rehmus said:
Card Magnet said:
And the guy even has a fake thread about a deal with his alter ego.

Sale between cheesepizza and pirates4
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=134763

:lol:

Yeah, that was pretty stupid of him.

I wouldn't do a transaction with my brother using western union money gram.

There's no way he is a trucker, all of his logins are from the same DSL provider in Ohio.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
Here's some info from him - was trying to do a deal with him last week on some Nowitzki autos - seemed to good to be true so i pulled out when he started talking about WU; maybe this helps with the account number; I asked him to send me a full name and address and he hasn't done so yet.

Hi;

This is the info you need:

BLUE moneygram express form

Receive Code: 7333
Bank Name: Bancorp
City/State: San Ramon, CA

Acct# 4565 3400 6371 1005

Then your name, and I think they ask for sender's phone#, that's all the information that you need...They do charge $4.95 to send, but I can re-imburse you back the $5 if you want..I am still willing to overnight you the cards, please confirm what cards they are, I lost the e-mail, and please leave your shipping information, that way I can get these out to you asap..

Best Regards;
Jim

It can be done at any wal-mart...

Thanks again

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
cgilmo said:
rehmus said:
Card Magnet said:
And the guy even has a fake thread about a deal with his alter ego.

Sale between cheesepizza and pirates4
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=134763

There's no way he is a trucker, all of his logins are from the same DSL provider in Ohio.
This reminds me of brendenw not long ago. I figured out he had a second ID named pirates4ever18. He used the pirates name to comment in favor of brendenw in a trade thread. Pirates4ever18, pirates4 = there's something in common in the usernames. Also, there's the fact that they both used a second name to interact with the first.

Can you pull up the IP addresses for brendenw and pirates4ever18 to cross check with pirates4 and cheesepizza? I could be connecting dots that aren't there, but I don't think it's far fetched to raise the question.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I doubt its the same guy as brendenw. I sold him a card and he paid with paypal. He was REALLY excited about the $10 card too so it doesn't sound like the same person.

Card Magnet said:
cgilmo said:
rehmus said:
Card Magnet":38fu9mmr]And the guy even has a fake thread about a deal with his alter ego. Sale between cheesepizza and pirates4 [url="http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=134763 said:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=134763[/url]

This reminds me of brendenw not long ago. I figured out he had a second ID named pirates4ever18. He used the pirates name to comment in favor of brendenw in a trade thread. Pirates4ever18, pirates4 = there's something in common in the usernames. Also, there's the fact that they both used a second name to interact with the first.

Can you pull up the IP addresses for brendenw and pirates4ever18 to cross check with pirates4 and cheesepizza? I could be connecting dots that aren't there, but I don't think it's far fetched to raise the question.[/quote:38fu9mmr]

Members online