Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My mail last week, two scans, and a BIG one crossed off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Last week was a nice week for me, just got to scanning these now. The white specs on the cards are from the scanner, guess I have to clean it.

2011ToppsSparkle.jpg

Love the look of this card, really fancy. Especially love that the Topps Diamond logo and a diamond type logo were included to make this distinguished from base cards. Bought it for only $7.

Now, the big one.

35DSGreenbUrg.jpg

Yes yes, I know it's trimmed, but it still has some great color, and it's the GreenbUrg error variation. A tough card, I wouldn't have bought the corrected version trimmed. This is a place holder until I can buy a better copy. When the time comes, this one will be sold. It will be submitted to SGC and it will get an authentic grade because of the trimming. Bought it for only $13.50, it was a no-brainer for me.

Thanks for the look guys!

Brian

hamels heros

Aug 14, 2008
i could care less if thats trimmed.. o vintage how nice it looks.. yet how much nicer a good chrome auto looks bud ;)))

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
383astro said:
Did you end up with that canary 1/1 that the other member pulled?
We are still working out a deal for it.

TBP, that is what I'm hoping for. The color still pops so it should look great despite the kindergarten trim job.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
hamels heros said:
i could care less if thats trimmed.. o vintage how nice it looks.. yet how much nicer a good chrome auto looks bud ;)))
You'll never convert me!

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
scotty21690 said:
Love it.

Congrats on finally snagging that one, Brian. Another one crossed off the want list. :D
I gotta keep on keeping on. These Diamond Stars are becoming more and more rare, to snag a good Greenburg will be tough!

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
Nice pickup! I always look forward to your pickup threads as I know I'm going to see a nice Greenberg card.
Thanks man! I love sharing them here, and I'm glad you enjoy them so much.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Zan said:
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
Nice pickup! I always look forward to your pickup threads as I know I'm going to see a nice Greenberg card.
Thanks man! I love sharing them here, and I'm glad you enjoy them so much.
And I just added two SICK ones!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I was at one of my favorite shops a few weeks ago, and he has an amazing Greenberg just sitting in a random box. The owner picked up a box of cards in trade, and I glanced at it and saw something awesome amidst a pile of old hockey commons: a Goudey 4-in-1 Greenberg in decent shape. He didn't even know it was a Greenberg; I had to point out who was on it, he just thought it was cool because it was a Goudey. Actually thought "hey, there's a guy on FCB that would probably like that card" when I saw it!

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
DeliciousBacon said:
I was at one of my favorite shops a few weeks ago, and he has an amazing Greenberg just sitting in a random box. The owner picked up a box of cards in trade, and I glanced at it and saw something awesome amidst a pile of old hockey commons: a Goudey 4-in-1 Greenberg in decent shape. He didn't even know it was a Greenberg; I had to point out who was on it, he just thought it was cool because it was a Goudey. Actually thought "hey, there's a guy on FCB that would probably like that card" when I saw it!
Neat story, and thanks for thinking of me! Those kinds of finds are fun to stumble upon.

Members online

Latest posts