Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can we talk about what the Mets are doing right now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
I'm not sure I've seen any team, ESPECIALLY the Mets hit like this. The past four games, they scored 14, 8, 14 and now 16 runs in tonight's game.

And it isn't like they have faced bad pitchers either; Ogando and Holland in Texas, and Porcello and Coke in Detroit. Their ability to score runs and come up with hits with 2 outs is almost insane. Not to mention, Reyes in the middle of all of this has almost been overshadowed by the team's ability to straight up wreck the ball in the past few games.

I'm loving this :)

Brian

chiefer77

Mar 10, 2010
Ogdensburg, New York
Tomorrow will be a good test. They have been successful against good pitchers beating Jurjains twice. In all my years of being a Mets fan, I have never seen them score runs like this. I honestly don't know what to think about it.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Law of averages says they won't hit like this tomorrow, but it has been very impressive.

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
Pffft. Still have a run differential of only +16 and are still 9.5 games out of 1st place, 5 out of 2nd in the East, and 5 back in the Wild Card with 3 teams ahead of them. Long story short....they play in the wrong division to do anything, especially considering they have 18 games with the Phillies and Braves left (8-10 combined record vs. so far).

And, as hot as they've been in their last 10 (7-3), they've still managed to lose a game in the standings to the Braves (8-2) and stay even with Philly (also 7-3). Scoring 16 runs, 10,000 runs, or 1 run all count the same if you're chalking up W's.

Oh, have I mentioned, I HATE the Mets. ;)

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Topnotchsy said:
Law of averages says they won't hit like this tomorrow, but it has been very impressive.

You mean the law of Verlander says they won't do it tomorrow.

Nice knowing you, Mets runs. You will be few and far between tomorrow.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
hail2thevictors said:
Topnotchsy said:

You mean the law of Verlander says they won't do it tomorrow.

Nice knowing you, Mets runs. You will be few and far between tomorrow.
I hadn't looked at the pitching match-up. Should be interesting.

slugger22

Mar 5, 2010
DaleMurphyCollector said:
Pffft. Still have a run differential of only +16 and are still 9.5 games out of 1st place, 5 out of 2nd in the East, and 5 back in the Wild Card with 3 teams ahead of them. Long story short....they play in the wrong division to do anything, especially considering they have 18 games with the Phillies and Braves left (8-10 combined record vs. so far).

And, as hot as they've been in their last 10 (7-3), they've still managed to lose a game in the standings to the Braves (8-2) and stay even with Philly (also 7-3). Scoring 16 runs, 10,000 runs, or 1 run all count the same if you're chalking up W's.

Oh, have I mentioned, I HATE the Mets. ;)

Really ??? :lol:

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I suppose we could, but given that we're on an internet message board, it makes more sense to express our thoughts in writing in this thread you've created.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
leatherman said:
shayscards79 said:
They're raping right now.

But it helps that Bay and Beltran are healthy as well.

They're RAPING right now? I hope you mean raking.
Nope I'm sure he truly meant Raping :p

I have been following their offense explosion the past few days. Law of average would say they will slow down sometime.
As DaleMurphyCollector put it, this means nothing if the teams ahead of you in the standing are winning when you are, but it does keep you from falling in a deeper hole though. Lets see where they are after the all-star break :lol:

Members online