Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Holy Cow Chris Davis!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
About to be recalled... 33 games played, 19 home runs with an OPS of 1.299... that is a sick sick line

What do we think... Davis is ready or will struggle again

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Ah, Chris Davis, the quintessential AAAA player?
UH231%20Chris%20Davis%20RC.jpg

stu

Jan 24, 2010
I really want to like Chris Davis, but he just can't hit at the big league level. He has a loop in his swing that hurts him against better pitchers.

I'll take his glove all day, and day. He could be a great defensive 1st or 3rd baseman.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I think these were triple digits at one point - [phil:3p30z6os]160604575009[/phil:3p30z6os]

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
I would love for the Dbacks to trade for him. The fact that he can play 1st or 3rd base. Would fit in with what the dbacks need. Add in that he wouldnt cost an arm and a leg to acquire. The dbacks could get Davis for a couple lower end prospects and potentially add some pop to their lineup as well as improve defensively at 1st base. If Goldschmidt gets called up they slide Davis over to 3rd.

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
masonphillip said:
I think these were triple digits at one point - [phil:cu7w7ajx]160604575009[/phil:cu7w7ajx]

Sure were, I sold one in Feb. 09 for $120! I made a lot of $ off Chris in early 09, selling a BGS 9.5 blue refractor for $220 and 100+ chromes around $5/each! I still have a few blue refractors left...

Hollywood

Jan 30, 2010
Not even close between Wood and Davis.
Davis 858 at bats from age 22-25, 42 homers 122 rbi .763 ops. Not terrible by any means, for someone never given a full season between those ages.
Wood 574 at bats age 22-26. 13 homer 44 rbi .483 ops. That's what numbers of someone who sucks actually look like.

Don't own a card, but give the guy a chance. What were they gonna do, have him come up and mash better than all these other hyped players Braun, Longo, Upton. and have the guy with no hype be better than all of them right away? Baseball works in a certain pattern, if you haven't figured this out yet...

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Hollywood said:
Davis 858 at bats from age 22-25, 42 homers 122 rbi .763 ops. Not terrible by any means, for someone never given a full season between those ages.
Wood 574 at bats age 22-26. 13 homer 44 rbi .483 ops. That's what numbers of someone who sucks actually look like.

Don't own a card, but give the guy a chance. What were they gonna do, have him come up and mash better than all these other hyped players Braun, Longo, Upton. and have the guy with no hype be better than all of them right away? Baseball works in a certain pattern, if you haven't figured this out yet...

Yah, brouthercard, you are a fraud,

Sincerely,

Joe Koshansky, Bryan Lahair, Chris Carter and Wladimir Balentien

Hollywood

Jan 30, 2010
Those players never had half the talent of Davis. I usually agree with your posts too, oh well. I have a good enough track record of being right, so i'll stcik with the decision that Davis will be a good mlb player.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
The last Ranger I tagged as a AAAA player (and I was right at the time) was Nelson Cruz. I wasn't the only one, and we were ALL wrong.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Hollywood said:
Those players never had half the talent of Davis. I usually agree with your posts too, oh well. I have a good enough track record of being right, so i'll stcik with the decision that Davis will be a good mlb player.

I'm just joking with you.

In fact, i've sold all my high end Chris Davis stuff, so he WILL get hot at some point in time in the MLB, though I don't think he will sustain anything long term.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
brouthercard said:
Hollywood said:

Sincerely,

Hasn't the Jim Rome Sincerely, (insert name here that only you think is funny) run it's course?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
brouthercard said:
Hollywood said:

Sincerely,

Hasn't the Jim Rome Sincerely, (insert name here that only you think is funny) run it's course?

Whachoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
kdailey4315 said:
brouthercard said:
Hollywood said:

Sincerely,

Yes, it's not funny, and I simply won't do it again,

Sincerely,

brouthercard :lol:

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
brouthercard said:
kdailey4315 said:
brouthercard said:
Hollywood said:

Sincerely,

Yes, it's not funny, and I simply won't do it again,

Sincerely,

brouthercard :lol:

ZING! You really got me there.

Members online

Latest posts