Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Drew Stubbs making a run at K record

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Strike out Stubbs is on a pretty good pace right now. It's too bad Reds have taken he out of lead off spot of late. Give him more chances to K each game.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
It seems like the strikeout record is being broken year after year...and no one seems to really care because the player with the highest K total is usually a top 10 player.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Am I the only one who doesn't take the Stubbs comps as a compliment when discussing Bubba Starling?

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Jaypers said:
Am I the only one who doesn't take the Stubbs comps as a compliment when discussing Bubba Starling?

Not necessarily a bad comparison as it is basically saying he has speed, power and will be good defensively. Not everyone gets the Chris Marrero = Pujols comparison ::facepalm:: .

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Stubbs is still a pretty damn good player. When I look at the box scores I always see that this kid has multi hit games lol. Not all the time of course, but it shows me that he can hit lol.

koal

Aug 7, 2008
how a guy plays baseball his entire life, makes it to the majors, and still can't bunt, just blows my mind. with his speed, it could be a very effective tool.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
I have him on my fantasy team. I almost always lose my K catergory because of him.

He does make up for the strikeouts with great play occasionally. Between him and Dunn my team has some high K totals though.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
jgro85 said:
would you rather have him strikeout or GIDP with a runner on 1st?

I'm pretty sure everyone would rather he at least move the runner at first over. When you start evaluating a player's ability by the least amount of damage he can do, there's a problem somewhere.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
gilbert said:
On pace for 209 for 162 games. Has only missed one game this year. I don't think he will reach Reynold's 223.

The last week or so he did slow down some on his K's. I bet if you looked at his K rate a before last week he was on pace to break it.

jgro85

Mar 15, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Hallsgator said:
jgro85 said:
would you rather have him strikeout or GIDP with a runner on 1st?
So the only alternative to striking out his hitting into a double play?

Not sure where I stated that. My point was that striking out, at times, is a better alternative. As long as his OBP is ok, I think the K's can be ignored.

scooter2374

Jul 4, 2010
New Jersey
I forget which baseball book I read when I was younger but back in the 50s, 60s and 70s guys would dread hitting the 100k mark for the year. Guys would go so far as to opt out of the last day on the season or fake an illness to avoid the 100k distinction. But those guys weren't swinging for the fences on every single swing. They would swing away early in the count and then batten down and just attempt to make contact or go with a pitch when they got long in the count.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
scooter2374 said:
I forget which baseball book I read when I was younger but back in the 50s, 60s and 70s guys would dread hitting the 100k mark for the year. Guys would go so far as to opt out of the last day on the season or fake an illness to avoid the 100k distinction. But those guys weren't swinging for the fences on every single swing. They would swing away early in the count and then batten down and just attempt to make contact or go with a pitch when they got long in the count.
Seems as if Ryan Howard and Adam Dunn have done this to avoid the 200k mark.

Members online

Latest posts