Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Evan Longoria question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chipperjfan10

Mar 31, 2011
hey i know its premature but just wanted to know ure guys best guess. when alls set and done do you think Longo will Be a HOF.

Twinsfan84

Aug 8, 2009
It is very very early in his career but he is easily on pace.

3x All Star
2x Gold Glover
1x Silver Slugger

All the above only through his age 24 season.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
He seems to be a guy who will get some votes but inevitably fall short - the kind of player who will hit 350-400 HRs when all's said and done.

ebechols

Jan 20, 2011
Montgomery, AL
He's young, way to young to put any weight behind such a bold prediction. Let's see how he's playing in 5 years. Most HOFers have lengthy careers with multiple teams. He hasn't even gotten his first ridiculous contract. It also depends on who he goes to for his first ridiculously money contract. I say all this as an avid fan of longo. I've been watching him play since he played AA Montgomery.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Being from Chicago and a Cubs fan. now have lived in Florida for the past 17 years and also a Rays fan.I think Longo is WAYYYYYY over rated as of right now. sorry his numbers just do not show him as being the super star player he is being made out to be. in the long run could be,as of now, no way!

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Twinsfan84 said:

3x All Star
2x Gold Glover
1x Silver Slugger

Scott Rolen's career started very similar to that. Injuries probably ruined his chance at the Hall.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
SamHell said:
Twinsfan84 said:

3x All Star
2x Gold Glover
1x Silver Slugger

Scott Rolen's career started very similar to that. Injuries probably ruined his chance at the Hall.

Rolen is the guy baseballreference.com says he's most like at age 24.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Post-steroid era IS going to hurt the numbers, the question is will voters be smart enough to factor this in?

AK11

May 24, 2010
Considering I throw money at Longoria cards, I hope he is better over the long run than a marginal or overrated player. Yes, this down year is not helping, but too early to see it as a sign of things to come. Also, Longo only has 3 year totals right now, but his yearly averages are actually similar to former Cub Ron Santo with respects to his average, home runs, and rbi, and we know Santo hasn't made it. For the sake of my Longo pc, I will not pass judgement yet. Ask me again when he is 30.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
At this pace I dont know if he even makes it in his hometowns HOF........ just kidding ::facepalm:: .
He better put up some huge numbers by the end of his carrer but the chances do not appear that great for HOF. NO

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
nosterbor said:
Being from Chicago and a Cubs fan. now have lived in Florida for the past 17 years and also a Rays fan.I think Longo is WAYYYYYY over rated as of right now. sorry his numbers just do not show him as being the super star player he is being made out to be. in the long run could be,as of now, no way!

Can you name a better overall 3B since 2008? According to WAR he's better than A-Rod, Zimm, and Beltre. I'd say that suggests superstar.

Also, I like the Scott Rolen comp someone mentioned. I think Longo is very similar but slightly better offensively.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
chompsmcgee said:
nosterbor said:

Can you name a better overall 3B since 2008? According to WAR he's better than A-Rod, Zimm, and Beltre. I'd say that suggests superstar.

Also, I like the Scott Rolen comp someone mentioned. I think Longo is very similar but slightly better offensively.
W A R
icon_lol.gif
icon_facepalm.gif

that is what i think of that stat!!!!!!!

Members online

Latest posts