Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow, sickk Jeter sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
I look at that card and think "altered" Not saying it is but with all the fakes around the thought crosses ones mind.
Edit, you guys beat me to it.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
SELLER is one of the top patch fakers on the east coast,
that is 150% fake as it gets.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
No way thats real! Why would Topps put a 1 thousand dollar card in triple threads /27! If it was a 1/1..... Different story

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
boomo said:

This seller always has REALLY NICE cards, i was watching some of his chrome stuff last night. Legitimately sick cards. Too bad he apparantly is a patch faker.

skrip

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
::facepalm:: None of Jeter's cards from Triple Threads relics /36, /27, 18, /9 or /1 from that year had patches in them.

Here is an example of one of the runs: (They had the cards spell "Jeterian", "MLB", or "The Captain" that year)

GU07-02-11008.jpg
GU01-09-11008.jpg
GU10-31-10004.jpg
GU11-27-10001.jpg
KGrHqEOKkME3r7BJGykBOCdPMhKQ_12.jpg

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
ballerskrip said:
boomo said:

This seller always has REALLY NICE cards, i was watching some of his chrome stuff last night. Legitimately sick cards. Too bad he apparantly is a patch faker.

skrip

Well since this guy always has nice stuff up on auction, is it possible that he bought the card to resell with the patch already in it? Do we really have to assume he made the fake patch? I know he didn't pull everything he sells so this is very plausable.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Be8el0ve said:
::facepalm:: None of Jeter's cards from Triple Threads relics /36, /27, 18, /9 or /1 from that year had patches in them.

Here is an example of one of the runs: (They had the cards spell "Jeterian", "MLB", or "The Captain" that year)

GU01-09-11008.jpg
GU10-31-10004.jpg
GU11-27-10001.jpg
KGrHqEOKkME3r7BJGykBOCdPMhKQ_12.jpg

If anybody would be able to spot a fake, it would have to be you. ;)
Awesome Jeter collection! :shock:

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Very fake, topps really has to fix this splitting cards thing going on.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
nyc3 said:

Why Topps would be concerned with the secondary market is beyond me.

Because if a loss of interest in the secondary market begins so does the appeal of their products.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
jbrown said:
ballerskrip said:
boomo said:

skrip

Well since this guy always has nice stuff up on auction, is it possible that he bought the card to resell with the patch already in it? Do we really have to assume he made the fake patch? I know he didn't pull everything he sells so this is very plausable.

did i say i assumed it?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
nyc3 said:
uniquebaseballcards said:
nyc3 said:

Why Topps would be concerned with the secondary market is beyond me.

Because if a loss of interest in the secondary market begins so does the appeal of their products.

I hear what you're saying, but if this were entirely true, Topps itself would only sell their singles direct on eBay and cut out the middlemen because that would make them the most profit. Now that would make things interesting.

Certainly they know about all the counterfeiting, fixing the problem just wouldn't produce enough ROI for them to address.

The primary market is where the real action is, people will, and do, buy any and all packs they produce for a variety of reasons.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
boomo said:
jbrown said:
ballerskrip said:
boomo said:

skrip

did i say i assumed it?

The first part quoted says he is one of the top patch fakers(not you). I just click quote on your post to add my opinion. I don't think he is the one making the fakes. Just because someone sells a fake patch doesn't make him the faker. But according to some here "apparently" that isn't true.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
As much as we all hate it, there is still a HUGE market for fake patch cards, topps can't provide real patch card so why
not fake? Isn't a great deal of the fire power in a play collectors stash eye candy like this? Collectors are willing to
pay big time for these fakes.....and then call them real. This is a hobby that isn't policed. Could topps even tell you
that that card was fake.....probably not.

Kevin

Members online