Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Miguel Sano's fielding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctbinvestments

Jun 13, 2011
in a word...horrible...2 more errors tonight. 1B/Dh written all over him. I know he's young and has a power bat but he can't field a lick at any position thus far. Again not hating but he better be able to hit like Pujols or he will be Mat Gamel 2.0.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
He's destined for RF. The consensus on him was he was going to thicken considerably and had no chance to stick on the left side of the infield. The bat should play anywhere.

ctbinvestments

Jun 13, 2011
craftysouthpaw said:
He's destined for RF. The consensus on him was he was going to thicken considerably and had no chance to stick on the left side of the infield. The bat should play anywhere.
I hope you are right...to early to tell if LF/RF will prove to be too much for him but no way he plays anywhere but 1B in the infield so his bat better be legit.

superwhat

Jun 19, 2010
Has not been looking to good for him around the diamond.

If anyone has colored auto's they want to dump before this gets out to the general public, hit me up on pm with a scan and price. Paypal ready!

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
superwhat said:
Has not been looking to good for him around the diamond.

If anyone has colored auto's they want to dump before this gets out to the general public, hit me up on pm with a scan and price. Paypal ready!
:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

outofluckandmoney

Mar 27, 2011
as a twins fan i'm a little concerned about sano at this point. the scouting reports said he was solid defensively but obviously 10 errors in 12 games says otherwise. i was really hoping he'd be the long-term answer at 3rd but i've definitely lost some faith, unless the context of those errors somehow paints a prettier picture.

thankfully he has a very strong arm and apparently is athletic enough to handle an outfield spot. the numbers offensively are a little disappointing this far as well considering the reports on him were just outrageous but it is just 12 games and he's not looking nearly over-matched like kepler is. he was starting to really hit an offensive stride it looked like until he had that 3 error game and DH'd the next game out, when he promptly when 0-4 with 4 k's and then went on an 0-10 slide to bring his .324 average way down.

ctbinvestments

Jun 13, 2011
mwashuc06 said:
Jeter made 56 Errors in his first full season in the minors.
Jeter played 128 games that season.....if Sano played 128 games at his current error rate he'd have 106!! I assume he's going to get better because you can't get any worse. Again, supposively his bat is going to carry him so buy away!!

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
mwashuc06 said:

The point is that if Jeter can go from LEADING THE LEAGUE in errors to winning a gold glove, then why can't an 18 year old get better as well? Just sayin...

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
sheetskout said:
Way way way way way way way to early to make that comparison.

Too early or not, I opened this thread to make the same comment... :oops:

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
ctbinvestments said:
in a word...horrible...2 more errors tonight. 1B/Dh written all over him. I know he's young and has a power bat but he can't field a lick at any position thus far. Again not hating but he better be able to hit like Pujols or he will be Mat Gamel 2.0.

That Mat Gamel guy you refer to is making a start at 3B for the Brewers today.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
mwashuc06 said:

Well played.

Way too early to play armchair scout. He's 18, let him play a full season before jumping to conclusions. And if you're really that worried sell your stashes to me.

ctbinvestments

Jun 13, 2011
chompsmcgee said:
mwashuc06 said:

Well played.

Way too early to play armchair scout. He's 18, let him play a full season before jumping to conclusions. And if you're really that worried sell your stashes to me.

I am simply stating he cannot field worth a crap right now and that's a fact based on the numbers so far and from what I've seen. Am I bashing his value as a prospect? Saying he's overvalued? etc? I don't think i said anything of the sort and actually commented on his bat. Don't take things so personally if you have some of his cards and someone states a negative about the guy. There are good hobby stars that aren't the best fielders. I'm just making an observation and relaying my thoughts that i dont see anyway he'll be playing SS/3B based on what I've seen. I'll be checking him out again IN PERSON on the 24-26th. If you don't want to read my observations/thoughts based on guys I've seen first hand, then don't.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
ctbinvestments said:
chompsmcgee said:
mwashuc06 said:

Well played.

I am simply stating he cannot field worth a crap right now and that's a fact based on the numbers so far and from what I've seen. Am I bashing his value as a prospect? Saying he's overvalued? etc? I don't think i said anything of the sort and actually commented on his bat. Don't take things so personally if you have some of his cards and someone states a negative about the guy. There are good hobby stars that aren't the best fielders. I'm just making an observation and relaying my thoughts that i dont see anyway he'll be playing SS/3B based on what I've seen. I'll be checking him out again IN PERSON on the 24-26th. If you don't want to read my observations/thoughts based on guys I've seen first hand, then don't.

Calm down, guy. No offense but no one is taking anything you say personally. Just trying to give you some sample size perspective.

ctbinvestments

Jun 13, 2011
Because I'm not a Sano basher but simply stating his fielding problems....he has now gone 2 straight games without an error. Maybe he is Jeter or maybe I just had to say his fielding sucked and poof...gold glove defense. Now maybe I should say Sano & Kepler has no clue at the plate and see if that works! Can't wait to see both again on the 25th-27th.

Members online

Latest posts