Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you change the All-Star selection process?

How do you want players selected for the All-Star game?

• Fan Voting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
As a Red Sox fan, this is the first year I will actually pay attention to the outcome of the All-Star game because of home field in the World Series being on the line. Not that I think they will definately be there but if they do make it I think the home field means a lot more for this years team. They looked aweful without Ortiz in the lineup. Anyways, Im expecting most people would change the fan voting process and wonder if anyone actually likes it. If MLB is going to continue to try to make "this game count" I think fan voting should go away and let the manager for each team pick his team. What do you think?

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
MallCopKJ said:
As a Red Sox fan, this is the first year I will actually pay attention to the outcome of the All-Star game because of home field in the World Series being on the line. Not that I think they will definately be there but if they do make it I think the home field means a lot more for this years team. They looked aweful without Ortiz in the lineup. Anyways, Im expecting most people would change the fan voting process and wonder if anyone actually likes it. If MLB is going to continue to try to make "this game count" I think fan voting should go away and let the manager for each team pick his team. What do you think?

The only fix is it shouldn't be used to determine home field. I think this is like the 8th year they've done that now?

Once that is taken care of, just let the fans vote since the game doesn't matter anyway. The game is for the fans, so though they are usually wrong, they should get to see who they want.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Ideally they would take out the idiotic rule of an exhibition game having an actual outcome on the season, but assuming that isn't an option, I picked 'let the players pick'.

I think the players will reward not only the best players, but the guys who play the game the right way. I would be fine with manager selections as well, but I think the players themselves have the best idea of who the best players are and who will give them the best chance to win the game.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Not all people are going to be happy no matter how its done. Since the game is for fun - more or less - its fine the way it is.

I like the WS home field bit, it reminds everyone about the most important games of the year plus its better than simply alternating home field advantage.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
uniquebaseballcards said:
Not all people are going to be happy no matter how its done. Since the game is for fun - more or less - its fine the way it is.

I like the WS home field bit, it reminds everyone about the most important games of the year plus its better than simply alternating home field advantage.

How about the team with the best regular season record takes home field advantage like in other sports? That's really the only way that makes sense IMO.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
uniquebaseballcards said:

How about the team with the best regular season record takes home field advantage like in other sports? That's really the only way that makes sense IMO.

Maybe if teams played a balanced schedule, but that's not going to happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts