Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you think the All star game voting is fixed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
Seems very odd to me that the majority of people didnt vote Pujols or Ichiro in.

Do they deserve to be all stars this year? No, but given the knowledge of an average baseball fan, you'd think that they'd be voted in because of who they are.

my question is, do you think MLB has to exclude players who dont deserve to make the all star team and put players in who actually deserve to be there?

Every year I cant help but to think that the MLB front office fixes the rosters so they could have the best of the best playing in the game.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
TGutta said:
If that was true then why was Jeter voted in over Asdrubal Cabrera?

Thats what I thought too, but jeter is MLB's golden boy. It also helps that he's on the 3,000 hit watch.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Nick1190 said:
TGutta said:

Thats what I thought too, but jeter is MLB's golden boy. It also helps that he's on the 3,000 hit watch.

Pujols and Ichiro are also two of baseball's most popular players, like Jeter. You are kind of countering your original point here.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
Nick1190 said:
TGutta said:

Pujols and Ichiro are also two of baseball's most popular players, like Jeter. You are kind of countering your original point here.
I think that for the casual observer knows Jeter but not much about Pujols and Ichiro. They are incredible players, but for most of America who is not following every game, they have never became "otherworldly" stars like Jeter, Griffey etc.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
sportscardtheory said:
Nick1190 said:
TGutta said:

I think that for the casual observer knows Jeter but not much about Pujols and Ichiro. They are incredible players, but for most of America who is not following every game, they have never became "otherworldly" stars like Jeter, Griffey etc.

Pujols has been the most hyped baseball player since Griffey IMO and ichiri has probably been voted for millions of times in japan..

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Jeter getting voted in absolutely invalidates any possibility of it being fixed in this way. If Jeter is more popular than the other two, which isn't something I would say definitively, it is by such a narrow margin that it is not even worth mentioning.

I wouldn't say the voting is 100% not rigged, but there's no way there's a system rigged to help Jeter but hurt the other two.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
rehmus said:
Jeter getting voted in absolutely invalidates any possibility of it being fixed in this way. If Jeter is more popular than the other two, which isn't something I would say definitively, it is by such a narrow margin that it is not even worth mentioning.

I wouldn't say the voting is 100% not rigged, but there's no way there's a system rigged to help Jeter but hurt the other two.

Dont you think the 3,000 hit watch could help MLB by having him in the ASG?

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
Topnotchsy said:
sportscardtheory said:
Nick1190 said:
TGutta said:

The 'most of America' that doesn't know who Pujols and Ichiro are, are almost certainly not filling out ASG ballots...

Members online