Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Should I have BGS JSA Authenticate these cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Just want to get some opinions. With the cost of $20 per card do you think there is profit to be made? All these cards are being authenticated with the intent to sell.

1999 Bowman Troy Aikman
2001 Fleer Reprint RC Ryne Sandberg
1984 Fleer Ryne Sandberg
2002 Bowman RC Matt Cain
2003 40man Rainbow 19/40 Darin Erstad (not a big name but on a nice card)
Adrian Gonzalez (I have 2 Topps RC that are being sent in, would you do second year cards?)
2001 Bowman Josh Hamilton
2001 UD Cooperstown Collection Al Kaline
2006 Tristar Protential Evan Longoria
1991 UD Greg Maddux
2009 Elite Shelby Miller
2007 Bowman Chrome Mike Moustakas
2001 UD Cooperstown Collection Brooks Robinson
1985 topps Pete Rose (in Pen)
2002 Cedar Rapids Kernals Johan "Ervin" Santana (just because its before he changed his name)
1998 Bowman Best Jim Thome

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
Remember... that fee is JUST for the authentication... you also have to pay shipping, and I think they make you pay insurance as well.

I usually average it out to around $23 per card. I did really well with my first submission making $120 on a David Wright 2001 UDPP. It paid for my first submission but it can be hit or miss. Im doing a submission this week and these are the cards Im definitely sending in.

2001 Bowman RC Michael Vick
2000 Topps RC Miguel Cabrera
2000 Topps RC Adrian Gonzalez (2 of them)
2002 Donruss Diamond King 1622/2500 Ichiro
2002 Bowman Heritage RC David Wright
2002 Bowman RC David Wright.

I was on the fence on 90% of the first list but I'm leaning toward the Kaline and Robinson for sure.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
The only one out of that list I would do would be Aikman. Kaline signs for $10 through the mail. If the Kaline were vintage, I would consider it, but if he signs for that amount, it really isn't all that worth it.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
No.

Not really much to be made with the cost of authentication. You can try and get the Stamp of Approval which only places a sticker on the item. Most of those fall under the guidelines for that service.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
The only one out of that list I would do would be Aikman. Kaline signs for $10 through the mail. If the Kaline were vintage, I would consider it, but if he signs for that amount, it really isn't all that worth it.

I like the Aikman but you can get an autograph of him for around $20 and that card really isnt anything special. I wonder how Sandberg stuff will sell when he becomes the Cubs manager. See this is the problem with doing submissions on guys who are not really in demand. I just look at the Brandon Belts that JSA did and how people got around $40 to $50 per so I think Shelby Miller might pull those types of numbers.

Members online

Latest posts