Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

record holders that wont be in the HOF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
There are many different records in baseball from Hrs to wins and everything in between most of these records holders are in the HOF

aside from Barry Bonds(hr record) and Pete Rose(hits) are there any other positive record hlder that wont see the HOF

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
until Rose and shoeless are allowed into the hall i dont see bonds or any other steroid user ever getting voted in

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
colts1888 said:
until Rose and shoeless are allowed into the hall i dont see bonds or any other steroid user ever getting voted in

Rose and Jacksons situation were different. I strongly believe its a disgrace that Rose isn't in yet, but I do agree with the ban on Jackson. Whether he participated or not, he knew what his teammates were doing. Rose never bet against his team, or threw games, always on his team to win. He had, and probably still has gambling problems.

Bonds will be in eventually

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
wolfmanalfredo said:
colts1888 said:

Rose and Jacksons situation were different. I strongly believe its a disgrace that Rose isn't in yet, but I do agree with the ban on Jackson. Whether he participated or not, he knew what his teammates were doing. Rose never bet against his team, or threw games, always on his team to win. He had, and probably still has gambling problems.

How do you know what Rose did or didnt bet on?

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
elmalo said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
colts1888 said:

Well I guess its based on his word. I do realize now that that is kinda of stupid to assume he's telling the truth when he went all those years denying he had to do with any betting on the game

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
wolfmanalfredo said:
elmalo said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
colts1888 said:

Well I guess its based on his word. I do realize now that that is kinda of stupid to assume he's telling the truth when he went all those years denying he had to do with any betting on the game

Will you morons quit derailing the guy's thread and go discuss this virtually-unsolvable argument in another thread....please.... :)

Seriously though....

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
sheetskout said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
elmalo said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
colts1888 said:

Will you morons quit derailing the guy's thread and go discuss this virtually-unsolvable argument in another thread....please.... :)

Seriously though....

If that was arguing I missed something

If I add more to this thread, I'll stay on topic

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
Bond will get in, and if he doesn't, the Hall of Fame should never be taken seriously, because Bonds is a top 5 player all time, if not the greatest player of all time.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Yankees1218 said:
Bond will get in, and if he doesn't, the Hall of Fame should never be taken seriously, because Bonds is a top 5 player all time, if not the greatest player of all time.

what if Ted Williams or Mickey Mantle got to use roids-how great they would of been? Can you imagine
Ted Williams on roids? 1000 HR's probably would of batted .450 over a season.

Bonds is a cheater and should never be compared to players who played the game and didn't cheat. If you want
to make a special cheaters HOF then that is fine......put it around the back in a small portolet and hang their
plaques there!

Bonds and all the roids in the world still couldn't hold up Ted Williams' jock.

Thats all

Kevin

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
schmidtfan20 said:
Yankees1218 said:

what if Ted Williams or Mickey Mantle got to use roids-how great they would of been? Can you imagine
Ted Williams on roids? 1000 HR's probably would of batted .450 over a season.

Bonds is a cheater and should never be compared to players who played the game and didn't cheat. If you want
to make a special cheaters HOF then that is fine......put it around the back in a small portolet and hang their
plaques there!

Bonds and all the roids in the world still couldn't hold up Ted Williams' jock.

Thats all

Kevin
Could eithr one of them have been as good without greenies? Could Mantle have functioned with the lifestyle he lead without greenies?

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
And all Pre-Robinson players played against a fraction of the competition that players now do. All hispanic, african-american, and asian players now could have never played when Ruth did.

Members online