Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Superfractors, and any other type of 1/1's and condition??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yclipper21

Feb 14, 2010
Just wondering board members thoughts on overall condition of these rare cards. Does overall shape matter that much???? Because there is no other comparable do you hold a lot of weight to the condition? After seeing some of the red 1/1's from 2011 bowman, and seeing some supers pulled over the past few years it made me wonder what others thought about this. Any input would be appreciated.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
yclipper21 said:
Just wondering board members thoughts on overall condition of these rare cards. Does overall shape matter that much???? Because there is no other comparable do you hold a lot of weight to the condition? After seeing some of the red 1/1's from 2011 bowman, and seeing some supers pulled over the past few years it made me wonder what others thought about this. Any input would be appreciated.

I'm sure its nice to have those things Gem out, but I can't imagine it increases the value any more. Just added protection.

Personally I don't care as long as its not bent in half. When its a real 1/1, its just nice to know you are the only one that has it.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I like a decent condition overall but a nick or 2 isn't going to ruin it.

The only things that would bother me is if it's a sticker autograph, or if the autograph is garbage.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
wolfmanalfredo said:
yclipper21 said:

I'm sure its nice to have those things Gem out, but I can't imagine it increases the value any more. Just added protection.

Personally I don't care as long as its not bent in half. When its a real 1/1, its just nice to know you are the only one that has it.

Yes, this is also the way I see it. I'd love to get all my 1/1s protected in slabs, but generally don't care a lick about their condition - assuming of course they're in at least recognizable shape LOL.

I could see someone who only collected gem mint cards wanting their 1/1s to be gem mint, but that's a tall order for cards with a print run of 1. With this aside, I think people who pay premiums aren't doing it for collecting reasons at all, they generally may not even be into cards all that much or are real hobby novices easily taken advantage of.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I don't think a poorly conditioned 1/1 will hurt the price, per se, but a gem mint or pristine 1/1 will definitely enhance the price.

Look at the 2005 topps chrome update jay bruce superfractor auto - the centering is HORRIBLE and detracts from the appeal of the card. IF that thing was slabbed in a nice bgs gold label holder, it would increase the interest in that card at least two-fold, which would increase the value of the card.

Members online

Latest posts