Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone submitting to BGS... don't type in your CC#

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadwaxsociety

Jun 1, 2011
As a first time submitter to BGS, I decided to submit the form electronically. However I noticed in Step 3 when they ask you for a credit card # they don't bother to properly secure the page or the following pages by using Secure HTTP (HTTPS).

I would advise anyone to not submit your credit card number on that page, especially if you are accessing the Internet over a shared network or a shared wireless connection. In general I wouldn't submit even if you are on your own home network using an ethernet cable as you can't guarantee who isn't snooping around on a network between your ISP and the Beckett servers.

I'm probably going to end up just sending a check. Haven't gotten an email back from Beckett about this.

PS. I'm also a bit weary of how secure Beckett's servers are or whether they even take security seriously. When I registered so I could fill out the form they sent me my password in plain text in an email. Passwords should be encrypted when you register and shouldn't be sent in a registration email.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
I gave up on BGS as soon as they wouldn't send my confirmation email with my validation link, even after I requested it 10 times.

deadwaxsociety

Jun 1, 2011
cgilmo said:
HPC said:
Just another in a long line of Beckett screwups/incompetence

That website has been that way for years. This isn't anything new, and I have never heard of stolen information via beckett.com
The biggest concern is submitting over unsecured or shared wireless. Otherwise there's only a low risk that something would happen.

I think though that if someone has already had this happen to them, they wouldn't actually know when their card got hijacked and may not associate sending Beckett a cc# with their cc# getting stolen.

excel_B said:
I never had any problems with BGS...

You might have a hard time dealing with BGS if you decide to do a check. My $.02...

Why do you say that?

Members online