Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Marlins acquire Mike Cameron....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Nice!

Hopefully he does better with them. :)

I really like Cameron as a person, but his aging bat is something to be desired.

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass
Great guy. I hope he does well

last year when he was rehabbing in Pawtuckett, the Celtics were playing Cleveland in the playoffs. He rented a suite at the garden, called all the clubhouse guys up in Boston, went by, picked them up and treated them all to the game.

Either the next game or soon after, Beckett rented a suite, invited all the clubhouse guys - but everyone had to pay.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Mike Cameron may be one of the coolest baseball players ever. A buddy of mine is in a wheelchair & went to a Mariners game a few years ago and was sitting in a section where it was really hard to see action. In pregame, Cameron came up to him and said why are you sitting here, you need to come behind home plate. Long story short, my friend sat behind home plate for the game and [strike:1yrn8qj0]walked out[/strike:1yrn8qj0] rolled out with an autographed bat.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Even when Cammy was in Seattle, he didn't have a good bat..

He was a awesome CF though.. We've been spoiled here in Seattle.. Griffey, Cammy, now Guti..

RF was Buhner then Ichiro..

Too bad LF has the revolving door..

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
SydBarrett said:
Mike Cameron may be one of the coolest baseball players ever. A buddy of mine is in a wheelchair & went to a Mariners game a few years ago and was sitting in a section where it was really hard to see action. In pregame, Cameron came up to him and said why are you sitting here, you need to come behind home plate. Long story short, my friend sat behind home plate for the game and walked out with an autographed bat.

So he wasn't really needing the wheelchair? :lol:

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Pinbreaker said:
SydBarrett said:
Mike Cameron may be one of the coolest baseball players ever. A buddy of mine is in a wheelchair & went to a Mariners game a few years ago and was sitting in a section where it was really hard to see action. In pregame, Cameron came up to him and said why are you sitting here, you need to come behind home plate. Long story short, my friend sat behind home plate for the game and walked out with an autographed bat.

So he wasn't really needing the wheelchair? :lol:

Ha Ha Ha, seriously though Cameron is a good guy, I would like to have seen him back to the Mariners uniform; he can't be worse in the left-field then anyone that is playing there now.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
im guessing they want his veteran leadership coming off the bench as a 4th outfielder

I would have campaigned for him to come back to Milwaukee for just this reason.

I love Cammy.

Members online

Latest posts