Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is there a worst everyday player in the MLB than...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Yuniesky Betancourt

For those of you who haven't had to watch him suck on a daily basis be very happy. So sad that he is the Brewers starting shortstop and has currently been batting 5th. :lol: ::facepalm:: :benson:

I don't know what is worse Yuni B. or the manager that continues to start him and bat him fifth. .612 OPS and a .263 OBP

Sorry about the rant. The Brewers are just killing me right now.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
I really hope they deal Prince, his stock is as high as it will get and they could get a ton for him right now. I want to see another Richie Sexton type deal, 5 for 1.

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
Crewfan82 said:
Yuniesky Betancourt

For those of you who haven't had to watch him suck on a daily basis be very happy. So sad that he is the Brewers starting shortstop and has currently been batting 5th. :lol: ::facepalm:: :benson:

I don't know what is worse Yuni B. or the manager that continues to start him and bat him fifth. .612 OPS and a .263 OBP

Sorry about the rant. The Brewers are just killing me right now.

Wishing you had Escobar right now? :D

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
http://brewersfandemonium.yuku.com/...backs-Duke-at-Brewers-Wolf-7-10-PM-CDT?page=4 (with graphs)

they're discussing this over at brewerfan.net too.. and it turned out a bit surprising.
depending on how big of a stat-head you are, you may agree.
according to this year's wOBA for everyday players, from worst to Betancourt goes:

Chone Figgins
Miguel Tejada
Dan Uggla
Alex Rios
Casey McGehee
Ian Desmond
Yuniesky Betancourt

Betancourt is better than Casey McGehee!! They both suck defensively. I swear they are both wearing ten pound ankle weights.

Hugely frustrating the way this team is falling apart. It's not only YB, its McGehee, Gomez, Hart, Kotsay, and pitching in general. Hard to even point to a specific pitcher. Roenicke plays a huge roll in this disgusting unraveling. I'm glad I dont live up there and have to watch his postgame interviews, I'd break something.

There's hope, but only if there's a lot of moving around going on. Bullpen has to be reset, starters need a TAD of consistency (the good kind) and with Braun out of the lineup, it really goes to show how exposed our offense is. Yuni's batting 5th. FIFTH! and who's on the bench? Counsell and his .180 ba, Kotsay if he's not starting - which he does too much, Kottaras who is Wolfe's catcher... btw, Wolfe doesnt deserve to have a personal catcher, just sayin..

I think the first move is to fire Roenicke. In conjunction bringing up Boggs and Taylor Green. The bullpen personnel is there, it's just not managed right. I have zero solutions for the shortstop problem, that should have been handled in March.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Adam Everett makes Betancourt look like a star.

When Everett was in Detroit, he was just plain awful. Horrendous average, and below average defense. He once fell flat on his face when a slow grounder was hit to him. And saw him boot a routine DP ball that cost us a game in Cleveland a few years back. Just a few of the memories I could think of quick.

But yeah, he is horrible. He was recently DFA'd I think by Cleveland though.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
As a Royals fan, I hated to lose Greinke but was overjoyed to find out Yoon E esky was going along with him. THe guy was the worst everyday player in the MLB last year. About the only thing he did last year that made people overvalue him was hit a few grand slams. That couldn't make up for the ball of suck that he is. The guy is a statue at SS. I figured there was no way the Brewers would be stupid enough to even keep him through the end of Spring Training.
I'm so glad I don't have to watch him night after night. I like Escobar a lot better (although it'd be nice if he could hit a little better).

marterburn

I hate Yuni. If you're betting the over/under on pitches he sees in a game, I'll take the under at 9 every time. If he get's in a pitcher's count, just count the out right then, it's abyssal.

0-1 count -- .151
0-2 count -- .107
.... he's also only worked 11 full counts this year.

I second the statue theory. I saw a ball hit 4 steps to his left at a game I went to... he didn't move. He's also recently been letting up the stupid mistakes we thought he would made at the beginning of the year but didn't.

Josh Wilson and Craig Counsell aren't the answer either. Wilson is a WORSE hitter than Yuni, and Counsell can get on base way better (he's hitting .181 but his OBP is still .020 batter), but he's old and can't play the field every day.

We need a stopgap, and we've been talking about it since April....

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
He was decent when he was in Seattle.. Saw him throw a few players out at first from sitting on his butt..

He had decent range, didn't think he would become complacent so soon..

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
alabamalongsnake said:
Nate McDouche I mean McClouth McAwful

Uggla has been pretty awful but at least we've gotten some jacks out of him.
Uggla has picked it up a bit lately. Mclouth has been playing pretty bad but I could care less look at what the braves have done!

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Fangraphs says its Raul Ibanez. Horrible with the bat and the glove. Yunesky is saved from being last by the fact he plays a high value position...although not very well.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
trauty said:
As a Royals fan, I hated to lose Greinke but was overjoyed to find out Yoon E esky was going along with him. THe guy was the worst everyday player in the MLB last year. About the only thing he did last year that made people overvalue him was hit a few grand slams. That couldn't make up for the ball of suck that he is. The guy is a statue at SS. I figured there was no way the Brewers would be stupid enough to even keep him through the end of Spring Training.
I'm so glad I don't have to watch him night after night. I like Escobar a lot better (although it'd be nice if he could hit a little better).

Thanks for the Royal's fan perspective. I figured you guys had to be pumped to see him go. As a guy put it on Brewerfan.net yesterday, "a well trained collie could probably play a better SS."

Members online

Latest posts