Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting Picture of Tommy Hanson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackboard218

Jan 15, 2009
image_8339648.jpg

He seems to have a spare tire ;) Not the fittest baseball player I've ever seen but I've also seen a lot worse too!

Fixed link

Glad to hear about some of the Braves pitchers are doing well!

I think this is a false statement though...

"Cox heard rave reviews from Braves officials and from scouts and officials with other teams, but until Friday the manager hadn’t seen the 22-year-old phenom throw."

Didn't they all fly to Arizona to go check out one of his outings??

James

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
It really isn't as bad as it looks in that picture. While he isn't a picture of what you think an athlete should look like, he also isn't out of shape. His physical build (and many other things) is similar to Roy Halladay.

A_Pharis

Umm... He's actually in pretty good shape.

Despite what you see in clothing ads, guys don't walk around with their abs tensed all day long. I doubt he has time in his rotation to worry about his core being completely tight.

G

i think he should have a good core esspecially if hes a pitcher

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
It really isn't as bad as it looks in that picture. While he isn't a picture of what you think an athlete should look like, he also isn't out of shape. His physical build (and many other things) is similar to Roy Halladay.
Being compared to Halladay is ALWAYS a good thing.

A_Pharis

kendrick47 said:
i think he should have a good core esspecially if hes a pitcher

He may have a strong core. The thing about players in the majors is that they burn so many calories that they have to replenish them, too (much in the same way as strongman competitors). The body stores calories in the midsection. Guys you see doing body building competitions and showing off their abs concentrate on that aspect.

So just because his semi-relaxed belly barely lays over during an awkward stance?

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
1.) It is the off-season

2.) I make allowances for images showing imperfections and other visual qualities we judge other people on.

Maybe a bad angle, lighting, et al contributes to something you see.

blackboard218

Jan 15, 2009
I did post the pic to make fun of him or anything. It just reminds me that you can throw 90+ and a 12-6 curve whether you are fit / lean like Smoltz or a lil chubby like Hanson.

I don't care how he looks as long as he can deliver for the Braves...

But this picture does remind me that ST is getting closer!

Members online

Latest posts