Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UD Goodwin Retail Autograph odds.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
1:24 you say..nope...1:48..nope...1:72...nope...1 in 200...300...400 packs...nope..

1:480 packs!

That is 1200.00 in retail packs to pull one autograph. I wonder if you would have a shot at the live Lebron
autograph which is on the front of the box?

same ole UD.

Kevin

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
George_Calfas said:
UD should decrease the odds and insert tons of crap autos.

Sincerely,
Topps

why when you can insert crap autos AND put them 1 in 480 packs?

Kevin

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
That's kinda cool. Nice to actually have a chase instead of pulling cards every other pack that were inked.

And you were doing this with what other retail product exactly?

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I am still amazed that many collectors who open wax, don't realize when a company is pulling the wool over their
eyes. 20 dollars for 8 packs in retail usually gets you a 1 in 3 shot at some type of ink.....UD moved those odds
to 1 in 60. Chase cards are nice, but if that is all you are going to put out there, then the price point has to be
much lower. Why is going to touch this garbage?

Kevin

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
I am still amazed that many collectors who open wax, don't realize when a company is pulling the wool over their
eyes. 20 dollars for 8 packs in retail usually gets you a 1 in 3 shot at some type of ink.....UD moved those odds
to 1 in 60. Chase cards are nice, but if that is all you are going to put out there, then the price point has to be

Kevin

I wonder the same thing about the retards who bust Heritage

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

I wonder the same thing about the retards who bust Heritage

what and pull a Koufax autograph or a Frank Robinson jersey autograph numbered to 25? Do you even collect
cards?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'll probably bust a hobby box just for a chance to pull something nice but normally, I would buy retail. You get more cards for your money that way. As a set builder...why would I do anything else?

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I know there are people who can only buy retail and people who have never heard of the internet, but cmon, even if
you were a set builder you know you could get better trade from an autograph than the crap you pull in retail. I also
don't like the Lebron autograph on the front of the box that doesn't even exist yet.

Kevin

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
schmidtfan20 said:
1:24 you say..nope...1:48..nope...1:72...nope...1 in 200...300...400 packs...nope..

That is 1200.00 in retail packs to pull one autograph. I wonder if you would have a shot at the live Lebron

same ole UD.

Kevin

do you EVER have anything positive to bring to this site? Every post is either negative, or a troll post. Why not just go away. Man I wish FCB had an IGNORE button. Go away troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
jimmyjam1973 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

same ole UD.

Kevin

do you EVER have anything positive to bring to this site? Every post is either negative, or a troll post. Why not just go away. Man I wish FCB had an IGNORE button. Go away troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Foe him.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Its freakin RETAIL Kevin!! What the hell do you expect? Geez, all you do is complain!!! Be happy they are even putting autographed cards IN the retail release! If you don't like wax, BUY SINGLES. That simple.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
blanning71 said:
Its freakin RETAIL Kevin!! What the hell do you expect? Geez, all you do is complain!!! Be happy they are even putting autographed cards IN the retail release! If you don't like wax, BUY SINGLES. That simple.

WOW, I can't believe no one finds this odd. Is the money I pay for retail product worth less than the money
I pay for hobby boxes with? Do the math (for those who can), 1200 dollars is what you have to spend in order
to get one autograph, maybe you will be lucky and pull it in the 22nd box, but still. That is a freaking joke.

...and this is info that everyone on here should be aware of, sometimes guys don't check the side of the box.

just trying to save some fellow collectors some heartbreak.

Kevin

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
RETAIL RETAIL RETAIL!

You WILL NOT get the same hits from retail as hobby! Its always been that way! I can't believe you're arguing this point.

Everyone in their right mind knows that getting hits in retail is SIGNIFICANTLY harder than it is in hobby. Thats a given. I applaud your effort, but give you a thumbs down for set up and presentation.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Ty Hope said:
Why buy retail? I never touch the stuff.

yeah and I know most here are smart enough to see this, but I have to laugh when companies do this. Press Pass
football is like 10 autographs per hobby box now, yet the retail odds for one autograph is 1:72 packs!!! I guess
card companies just put retail out there and whatever they make on it they make and even 75% of the it got
stolen, they would still make money.

It costs UD probably 50 bucks to print up the crap they put in 480 packs, yet they will make 1200 bucks on it
and only have to put in one autograph....LOL

Kevin

Members online

Latest posts