Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is the best colors/pen/paint pens/markers to get bats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
What should i use to get a bat signed. Im planning on asking for the players cracked bats while im at the AAA All Star Game.

Black bats-
Blonde Bats-
Maple Bats-
And any other bat colors players use. Please list what color and what to use (what sharpie,marker,pen etc.)

StrasburgMania said:
What should i use to get a bat signed. Im planning on asking for the players cracked bats while im at the AAA All Star Game.

Black bats-
Blonde Bats-
Maple Bats-
And any other bat colors players use. Please list what color and what to use (what sharpie,marker,pen etc.)

Tikitomka should be a good contributor to this thread as well since he does a bunch of IP stuff as well as predatorkj and jbone17

Here is my preferred colors

Black bats- Silver Deco Paint , Srx paint , sharpie paint marker
Blonde Bats- Blue Sharpie 
Maple Bats- deco paint , lumacolor , 
Or if they're very light , blue sharpie

You want to stay away from Black if you have the preference. Black fades faster than any color. 

4 of my 7 McGwire GU bats are in black. This was out of my control as he signed them in the clubhouse and then gave them away as gifts. 

3 of them are in blue which I had the option of using. 

If you have bats signed in black , keep them out of sunlight if you can

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Big Mac McGwire said:
StrasburgMania said:

Black bats-
Blonde Bats-
Maple Bats-

Tikitomka should be a good contributor to this thread as well since he does a bunch of IP stuff as well as predatorkj and jbone17

You want to stay away from Black if you have the preference. Black fades faster than any color. 

4 of my 7 McGwire GU bats are in black. This was out of my control as he signed them in the clubhouse and then gave them away as gifts. 

The type of bat plays more into the fading than light. Glazed vs natural, composite vs single piece, etc

Now that I think about it you definately have a good point. Lighting does factor in. But the bats that I do have signed in black dont have any finish or coating which will definately hold up alot longer compared to those with the finish on them.
I feel much better after giving your point some thought :)

GarkoCollector said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
StrasburgMania said:

Black bats-
Blonde Bats-
Maple Bats-

The type of bat plays more into the fading than light. Glazed vs natural, composite vs single piece, etc

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Big Mac McGwire said:
Now that I think about it you definately have a good point. Lighting does factor in. But the bats that I do have signed in black dont have any finish or coating which will definately hold up alot longer compared to those with the finish on them.
I feel much better after giving your point some thought :)

GarkoCollector said:
[quote="Big Mac McGwire":anwdv31m]
StrasburgMania said:

Black bats-
Blonde Bats-
Maple Bats-

[/quote:anwdv31m]

I will also agree that a glazed bat looks good with blue ink rather than black.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
The SRX gold and silver look awesome on black and dark brown bats. I've used gold this year on a Heyward bat and a Sandberg bat and they come out fantastic. Whatever you do, don't use silver sharpie. Too risky. Silver paint pen can look good too but the prep factor is dicey, especially if it isn't a sit down signing.

Blue sharpie for blonde.

Have fun!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
craftysouthpaw said:
The SRX gold and silver look awesome on black and dark brown bats. I've used gold this year on a Heyward bat and a Sandberg bat and they come out fantastic. Whatever you do, don't use silver sharpie. Too risky. Silver paint pen can look good too but the prep factor is dicey, especially if it isn't a sit down signing.

Blue sharpie for blonde.

Have fun!

You have risks either way. All a matter of preference I suppose. As for blond bats, I'd go blue sharpie all the way.

I am open to this SRX idea and will be purchasing some soon to give them a trial run but from what I am seeing and also from what I have heard from the few people I know using them, they don't appear to be much different than silver sharpie. They do seem to last a hell of a lot longer though which is a plus.

craftysouthpaw said:

Blue sharpie for blonde.

Have fun!

Blonde bats were mcgwires choice throughout his career.
I'm fortunate because getting this signed at a non sit down signing
Was nerve racking.

Very happy the way it turned out though. Shoulda pushed the tip down
For a thicker tip but still happy with the end result.

55437792.jpg

af688a34.jpg

Members online

No members online now.