Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Unique Turkey Red Tobacco Find! Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
So I came across this card yesterday. It is a 1909 Turkey Red S74 Silk. There aren't many on ebay to compare to. So I was wondering how rare are these? What kind of value do these have? Are there any short prints? Also, I found a checklist that has Steve Evans from St Louis but not a Louis Evans. I assume this is the same person but I am not sure. Anyhow here are the scans. Let me know what you think.

silk1.jpg
silk2.jpg

aupt

Apr 16, 2010
Nice find. They are scarcer with the paper backing, like yours. Steve Evans is Louis Evans, real name Louis Richard Evans. The catalog should probably be changed to reflect the name as shown on the silk.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
I agree with Bob, very nice! The intact backing is a big plus :), most of these "white" ones are found with the back removed with many used (previously sewn together) as intended. PS the "color" ones didnt come with a backing

S74, B18, etc. are undervalued IMO, but the demand on these non cardboard issues is lower than a normal baseball card from that era.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
Nice find. It isn't worth a ton because of the player but the back makes it a little more valuable. Go join net54 and do a search that site has a wealth of info on every prewar set. I post there regularly

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts