Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

All-star game becoming a joke with all of the replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
and to think that Tommy Hanson still hasn't been named to the team is a complete travesty.

16 players being replaced. and only five of them are actually on the DL.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
alabamalongsnake said:
and to think that Tommy Hanson still hasn't been named to the team is a complete travesty.

Of the 11 remaining, how many are starters that pitched today?

Also, not sure if you included Alex Rodriguez, who will be placed on DL (knee surgery 4-6 weeks)

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
Kind of torn that your Captain ain't playing. He could have showed up and pinch hit or been a pinch runner.

I understand he's been hurt, but he's the biggest star in the game right now after 3,000 and would be neat to see him in quite possibly his last appearance.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
alabamalongsnake said:
Kind of torn that your Captain ain't playing. He could have showed up and pinch hit or been a pinch runner.

I understand he's been hurt, but he's the biggest star in the game right now after 3,000 and would be neat to see him in quite possibly his last appearance.

Yea, I agree would of been a huge boost to the game. He is just thinking ahead right now and trying to get to 100% with his calf, but I can understand if some people may be upset.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
The all star game has lost some of it's luster. How about they don't announce the rosters until they have received confirmation that every player agrees to play. As it stands now nearly 80 guys can claim to be all stars.

If they don't suit up they weren't an all star selection. That's my opinion fan vote or not

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
alabamalongsnake said:

Vogelsong and Pablo were more valid candidates than Tommy Hanson, sorry.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
markakis8 said:
alabamalongsnake said:

Really?

Hanson
10-4, 2.44 ERA, 109 K, .190 BA, 1.02 WHIP

Pills

Aug 7, 2008
The pitching replacements go in the order that the players voted them. That's why CC replaced Shields, and Ogundo replaced him.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
markakis8 said:
alabamalongsnake said:

You haven't been watching baseball this year if you really think so. Those were just homer Bochy picks which is fine but need to be recognized as such.

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
markakis8 said:
alabamalongsnake said:

Was that supposed to be a joke or something? I almost laughed, but thought you might be serious about Vogelsong and Sandoval being more valid candidates than Hanson.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
hockeyfights said:
markakis8 said:
alabamalongsnake said:

Was that supposed to be a joke or something? I almost laughed, but thought you might be serious about Vogelsong and Sandoval being more valid candidates than Hanson.

Tommy Hanson has been Cy Young worthy this year...to say he hasn't been good enough to be an all star is a joke. He should have made the team of Lincecum, Hands down....

Firebirds11

Oct 6, 2010
hockeyfights said:
markakis8 said:
alabamalongsnake said:

Don't worry. This is the same guy who put Weiters over Avila in the ASG.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Firebirds11 said:

Still don't get that one do you? Hey what do you know! Wieters made the All-Star team as the O's rep!

Which is what I was saying all along. Wieters would make it b/c of the O's needed a rep. It had nothing to do with me thinking Wieters deserved it more than Avila.

And, since you forgot to put your smart underoos on this morning, I'll clarify my Vogelsong/Pablo comment for you as well.

It's called sarcasm.

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
markakis8 said:
Is it possible Hanson will replace Cain?

I just saw that Craig Kimbrel was replacing Matt Cain, which is a good move. I still think Hanson deserves it, but there's going to be some player or players that get the shaft after having a great first half.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
markakis8 said:
Firebirds11 said:

Still don't get that one do you? Hey what do you know! Wieters made the All-Star team as the O's rep!

Which is what I was saying all along. Wieters would make it b/c of the O's needed a rep. It had nothing to do with me thinking Wieters deserved it more than Avila.

And, since you forgot to put your smart underoos on this morning, I'll clarify my Vogelsong/Pablo comment for you as well.

It's called sarcasm.

got ya on the sarcasm. lol. - Yeah good that Kimbrell got the pick but you have to think with so many players being replaced I can't thing of anyone that has gotten hosed in the past as bad as Hanson here.

Maybe this will keep him fired up for rest of season though.

Jan 15, 2009
Hanson deserves it over Vogelsong, but he is taking Vogelsong because of his story, he is a Giant and he will be filling the long relief role. Markakis8, you never cease to amaze with your stupidity.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
GiantsSuperCollector said:
Hanson deserves it over Vogelsong, but he is taking Vogelsong because of his story, he is a Giant and he will be filling the long relief role. Markakis8, you never cease to amaze with your stupidity.

By the way, I am very happy that Vogelsong is on the team. I just have a tough time with hanson NOT making it ::facepalm::

Latest posts