Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allen and Ginter Discoveries Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff_bichel

Nov 4, 2010
Houston, Texas
If any one has already started an A&G Thread, just delete this one.
I thought maybe we could list what we have discovered about the giant mystery called Allen and Ginter.
They (Topps) love to hide stuff that will eventually become SP's and SSP's.
SO.....What have you discovered.

First off, cards numbered 301 through 350 are obviously short print, but not badly so, as they do show up every 2 packs.

There are cards with gold corner flourishes and black flourishes. 3 boxes turned up 3 gold and 4 black. They fit together in some fashion.
Could it have to do with the Ginter Code?

3 boxes produced 9 of the minis with the black lacy borders, all have the same back.

jeff_bichel

Nov 4, 2010
Houston, Texas
Peter Gammons Auto (on Ebay)
Cheryl Burke Auto (on Ebay)
Memorabilia of (For Sale)
Rickie Weeks bat
Aaron Hill jersey
Joba Chamberlain Jersey (fat stripe
Jed Lowrie jersey
Drew Stubbs jersey
Tim Hudson jersey
Adam Lind bat
Kyle Blanks jersey

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I hit a topps employee auto and a seed card...rare? Twitter is down so I can't contact brent.

Kevin

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
Just checked completed listings for Pacquiao

Two autos have sold --- $575 and $750 (most recent)
Wood mini 1/1 --- $400
Relic --- $200

:eek: I have had a man-crush on him since I watched him destroy Ledwaba at the MGM Grand back in 2001 on the undercard of the De La Hoya-Castillejo fight. Looks like I'll just wait for the base and mini card prices to level off like Harper's Bowmans. I might still splurge for a relic at some point this summer, though.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I got a Mexican Hat seed card, but the sell sheet says one per box :?

And they're going for $10-$15.

The biggest problem is that mine is all frigged up with a ripped front. ::facepalm::

The sell sheet also says the "Hometown Heroes" are one per Box, but I got one in each pack. I assume that was a typo, since they go for next-to-nothing. :?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Could someone please scan me a copy of the Autograph checklist? I can PM you my email so to get a good large image.
Thanks!

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
George_Calfas said:
Could someone please scan me a copy of the Autograph checklist? I can PM you my email so to get a good large image.
Thanks!

George...the CU boards have you covered.

Kevin

Eef97

Jun 24, 2010
My friend hit this:

GinterWerewolfTerrorabilia.jpg

Any info on these? Besides numbered out of 10, lol.

brewerfan99

Sep 7, 2010
Wisconsin
I have noticed no less than 4 variations of game used relics in Ryan Braun's card this year.

White, Grey, and Blue jersey swatches and also one with a bat relic.

Very interesting to me at least since game used are always the same color swatch ... at least they always have been in the past!

-al

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Eef97 said:
My friend hit this:

GinterWerewolfTerrorabilia.jpg

Any info on these? Besides numbered out of 10, lol.

I like how it says "This Relic Contained in This Card Is Not From Anything At All" on the back. Topps is finally being honest about the origin on their relics!

Members online

Latest posts