Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Ginter Code: Let's Get Started.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Enjoy.
Huge Update: (good sized list of code cards) UPDATE UPDATE! GINTERZZZ

I'm not working on the code, but I'll do 30 minutes worth of annoying legwork every day or two. I know when it gets close to the end, everyone zips ups and that's completely up to you..

But at the very least, I think we should be able to knock out:

The Cipher Cards, The Dice thingys on the back, and Scans to all four corners of each card.

Giving up that won't set you back anything but time.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
wow great site, so you have to assemble a grid of cards right, and then what pattern they make represents a
number, perhaps an order. I pulled only one code cards from 8 boxes and it is the pattern upper left on the Nickeas
card on the back it has the number 31, except the 3 looks odd more like an upside down 18 with part of the number
missing. Hope this helps, great site!

Kevin

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Weird, some only show patterns on 2 of their corners, which would indicate they are on the edges of the "big picture"... But what what about the ones with a pattern in 3 corners??

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
poppudaimadochi said:
Weird, some only show patterns on 2 of their corners, which would indicate they are on the edges of the "big picture"... But what what about the ones with a pattern in 3 corners??

No clue, boss.

I would venture a guess that you'd arrange the cards as per the reverse of the cipher card. I only have one, so there's an "H" sort of and you'd find 3 symbols in the bottom right corner if it was at least two cards wide. Like this.

[][]
[][]<===Bottom right corner does not touch anything. Three other corners touch stuff.

Two blank corners would be ONE card wide

blank___[]____blank

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
pigskincardboard said:
poppudaimadochi said:

No clue, boss.

I would venture a guess that you'd arrange the cards as per the reverse of the cipher card. I only have one, so there's an "H" sort of and you'd find 3 symbols in the bottom right corner if it was at least two cards wide. Like this.

[][]
[][]<===Bottom right corner does not touch anything. Three other corners touch stuff.

blank___[]____blank

I would agree in principle, except that the the symbol in the bottom left and top right would be left incomplete. Which leads me to believe there are a few cards out there with only one corner showing a symbol.

Notice also how there are black symbols and "golden" symbols; could it be there are just parallels? I don't think so.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
poppudaimadochi said:
pigskincardboard said:
poppudaimadochi said:

No clue, boss.

[][]

blank___[]____blank

I would agree in principle, except that the the symbol in the bottom left and top right would be left incomplete. Which leads me to believe there are a few cards out there with only one corner showing a symbol.

Notice also how there are black symbols and "golden" symbols; could it be there are just parallels? I don't think so.

Oh, I see what you're saying.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them require a mirror reflection, which would complete it. This is based solely on seeing the guy staring into the mirror on the sell card or insert card, whatever you want to call it.l

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Huge update today!

Listed everything I could find..

as well as COLOR and CORNERS..

"blank" means blank, but a lack of blank doesn't mean that it's not blank.

You can do the numbering yourself.. but that's how I'D put these together if i didn't have the specific cards.

(and more cards)

G

Do the deciphers have letters on the back that you match up to the symbols?

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
GoldenBuckeyes said:
Do the deciphers have letters on the back that you match up to the symbols?

No, I only have one image and it looks like the 9 of Diamonds (with some words that I can't make out) -- It's in black.

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Did you guys notice something in the decipher cards? Some patterns have a "white" center, and some others have a "dark" center, most of the time a diamond shape...

Also, to the best of everyone's knowledge, do all decipher cards have something in the back?

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
poppudaimadochi said:
Did you guys notice something in the decipher cards? Some patterns have a "white" center, and some others have a "dark" center, most of the time a diamond shape...

Also, to the best of everyone's knowledge, do all decipher cards have something in the back?

brentandbecca
@
@cardarchives YES!!!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Whats up with this code card? I pulled it from a box earlier today...There is TONS of code-like gibberish all over the back of it.

DSCN2052.jpg

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
metallicalex777 said:
Whats up with this code card? I pulled it from a box earlier today...There is TONS of code-like gibberish all over the back of it.

DSCN2052.jpg

This one might actually be the final piece, meaning, once you sort out the "corner" thingy, that should give you a clue on how to decipher that particular one.

@pigskin: you can add B.J. Upton, #236, and Leo Nunez, #313, to your list. All corners have a gold symbol for both cards. Denard Span, #254, has black symbols on the 2 bottom corners.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
poppudaimadochi said:
metallicalex777 said:

DSCN2052.jpg

This one might actually be the final piece, meaning, once you sort out the "corner" thingy, that should give you a clue on how to decipher that particular one.

@pigskin: you can add B.J. Upton, #236, and Leo Nunez, #313, to your list. All corners have a gold symbol for both cards. Denard Span, #254, has black symbols on the 2 bottom corners.

I guess EVERY SINGLE CARD has a code variant.

As if Ginter wasn't expensive enough for player collectors!

I would guess that there are 26 -> 36 Decipher cards. Each Card is a letter or number. Code cards arranged according. You take the gibberish, find something on that "letter" that's been organized and call it a day.