Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

All Star Game Used Baseball - Help with Value

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
A friend of mine has a 1985 Game Used baseball game from the All Star game. I can't really find anything online comprable and have no idea what it would be worth. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
wolfmanalfredo said:
Does he have a COA from MLB? If not, then its hard to say. Probably not much if you can't prove it was used in that game.

In 1985 they were worried about fake GU baseballs..

I'd say in the $25-$40 range..

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Other than to the guy that got it at the game. Ball has no value to secondary collectors. MLB authentication wasn't around back then. My guess is worth about $25. The game used balls today that get MLB authenticated from All Star games/Derby ect. Sell for a ton, because they are all MLB authenticated with holograms and can be looked up in their data base.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Pinbreaker said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
Does he have a COA from MLB? If not, then its hard to say. Probably not much if you can't prove it was used in that game.

Not so much that, but I assumed they sold souvinier baseballs then too.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
wolfmanalfredo said:
Pinbreaker said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

Not so much that, but I assumed they sold souvinier baseballs then too.

I know when the All-Star game was here in Seattle, you could buy MLB All-Star baseballs from the team store and they were around $25 back then..

There are baseball collectors that collect older All-Star and other unique baseballs..

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
It depends who you're selling the ball to if you find a collector who collects All-Star game stuff maybe you could get like $100 for it but if you just put it in an auction starting at a low price on eBay, you probably wouldn't even get $25 unless you have some sort of COA or proof or are a very reputable seller.

Members online