Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB 7/14 - Let the second half begin!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
These past few days have felt longer than they really were.

Since the last game of the first half, Robinson Cano won the Home Run derby and the National League beat the American League 5-1 (Fielder MVP) in the All-Star Game.

Here are tonight's pitching match-ups:

CLE vs BAL
Masterson - Guthrie

NYY vs TOR
Colon - Reyes

FLA vs CHC
Sanchez - Garza

KC vs MIN
Chen - Liriano

MIL vs COL
Gallardo - Jimenez

SF vs SD
Bumgarner - Harang

TEX vs SEA
Holland - Vargas

Also an interesting tidbit, Jose Bautista can fail to reach base in his next 48 plate appearances and STILL have a higher OBP and SLG than Adrian Gonzalez. Guy has been unreal.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Well I'm starting to become optimistic about the Twins. June 1st we were 20 games under .500 and 17 games back. Now at the all star break, 8 games under and 6 games back.

If the Twins can keep up .666 winning percentage(or even .550+) there is a chance they can get to the postseason just in time to be swept by the Yankees again.

2 weeks against the division, so we'll see where everyone in the AL Cntral is August 1st.

Still have 4 of our 9 our opening day starters on the DL, so hopefully they can come back and make an impact.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Jose Bautista leaves with an ankle injury

Andruw Jones 2 home runs 4rbi's

Eric Thames 2-4 two 2b

Carlos Santana continues his hot hitting
2-4 with a HR, 2b, and three rbi's

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
stevezimmer22 said:
Jose Bautista leaves with an ankle injury

Andruw Jones 2 home runs 4rbi's

Eric Thames 2-4 two 2b

Carlos Santana continues his hot hitting
2-4 with a HR, 2b, and three rbi's

Hope Bautista is okay.

Thames is going to be a great hitter but his defense really needs improvement. I"m a big Thames fan. Such a nice guy too, got to meet him a few weeks ago in Vegas.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
alabamalongsnake said:
stevezimmer22 said:
Add in an RBI single for Thames.

my nephew and I started organizing my 2011 chrome into teams so i turned it off. saw they subbed in a pinch runner. is thames okay? figured it was just to give him some rest.

Didn't appear hurt.

In other games

Yovanni Gallardo can't get anyone out

70 pc 3.1 9h 4er 0k

and Matt Garza can

so far 6.2 110 pc 5h 3bb 6k 0er

MichaelStanton2010

Feb 14, 2010
Looking for a BIG second half by my man Michael Stanton...hoping for 20-25 more HR and raise the average to at least .280 for the year. Hard to believe he wont be 22 until Noveber!

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
MichaelStanton2010 said:
Looking for a BIG second half by my man Michael Stanton...hoping for 20-25 more HR and raise the average to at least .280 for the year. Hard to believe he wont be 22 until Noveber!

knock me over with a feather if Stanton is not in the HR derby next year. he's a beast for sure.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Well my guys beat Kansas City. May not be headline news for 4th and 5th place teams, but good to see the home team win.

Delmon young went 3-4 with 2 doubles 1st day back from 2nd stint on DL, could be a good sign.

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
Great win for the Giants. They started the all-star break in 4th place last year so looking pretty good right now. Still need a solid bat though if they're going to repeat.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
fengzhang said:
Great win for the Giants. They started the all-star break in 4th place last year so looking pretty good right now. Still need a solid bat though if they're going to repeat.

I bet they make a serious run at Beltran. Torres is killing them.

Jan 15, 2009
lisu said:
fengzhang said:

I bet they make a serious run at Beltran. Torres is killing them.
Beltran isn't all that good compared to his hype, would much rather have Pence...anything is better than what we have right now!

Scottie19

Jul 9, 2011
Its always nice seeing the Spankees getting destroyed! :D :D :D
We need to stay hot and have a strong 2nd half. I remember how last year the sox kicked the yankees butt during the first half but then after the ASG break they whooped on us. Lets not have that happen again.
GO SOX

Members online

Latest posts