Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

what would you grade this auto?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wasabicracker

Aug 21, 2008
OAHU
So I submitted cards to bgs for grading. On the return sheet it says "auto 10" but on the card it says a 8. I contacted them and they told me " the 10 was a misprint. sorry" I compare autos on ebay and mine compared to others are a joke!! Screw them. :x
auto.jpg

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Can we get an up close of the autograph, maybe Bryce retraced it in a part of the auto

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
the only question I would have about it, is the bottom of the "B", otherwise I think it's a fantastic autograph and definitely not eight.

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
wasabicracker said:
So I submitted cards to bgs for grading. On the return sheet it says "auto 10" but on the card it says a 8. I contacted them and they told me " the 10 was a misprint. sorry" I compare autos on ebay and mine compared to others are a joke!! Screw them. :x
auto.jpg

I would get in touch with someone at BGS that can be reasoned with, explain the situation, and then e-mail them a scan of the card / close-up scan of the auto. There is no way that auto is an 8. Absolutely not.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Auto grades are the biggest joke on earth. It's a complete scam. How can someone judge the way someone signs their name? The ONLY time there should ever be lower than a ten grade is if the marker is streaky or the ink smudged.

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Auto grades are the biggest joke on earth. It's a complete scam. How can someone judge the way someone signs their name? The ONLY time there should ever be lower than a ten grade is if the marker is streaky or the ink smudged.

Clearly you have no idea how they grade autos. It has nothing to do with handwriting. They look for imperfections with the ink, not the penmanship.

Email Joe at [email protected] and he'll take care of it.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
WJCIII said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Clearly you have no idea how they grade autos. It has nothing to do with handwriting. They look for imperfections with the ink, not the penmanship.

Email Joe at [email protected] and he'll take care of it.

As stated in my post. I'm referring more to the fact that they'll downgrade an auto sometimes if it goes outside the given space. For example, consider Logan Morrison chrome autos. Because his auto is loopy and wild, 10 auto grades are somewhat tough, even though his autograph doesn't go off the card and the ink is smooth and bold.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
WJCIII said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Clearly you have no idea how they grade autos. It has nothing to do with handwriting. They look for imperfections with the ink, not penmanship.

THAT'S WHAT HE SAID

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
WJCIII said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Clearly you have no idea how they grade autos. It has nothing to do with handwriting. They look for imperfections with the ink, not penmanship.

THAT'S WHAT HE SAID

Incorrect. He said they shouldn't count off for how someone writes their name, which they don't, and that they should only count off for streaks or smudges, which they do.

Hype: They don't count off if the autograph leaves the area, only if it completely leaves the card or the sticker. Morrison's autos are usually 9's because of the streaks not because it leaves the auto area.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I know ATH well enough to surmise he meant where they sign on the card in regards to centering/auto placement, not the quality of their handwriting

Members online