Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

R.I.P Burton's Coins & Baseball Cards of Frederick, Maryland

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
I was saddened to learn this morning that Burton's Coins & Baseball Cards of Frederick, Maryland is going out of business today. That shop brought me back into the hobby in 1997 with their silent auctions and incredible customer service. It felt more like a family or a local hang-out site than a retail shop. I worked there for a short period from 1999-2000. I will miss Robbie, Tom, Doris and the rest of the crew. Thanks for the incredible memories, friendship and cardboard. I will make the 40 miles drive tonight to wish them farewell. I feel like I've lost a good friend.

James

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
I hate when a card shop closes :( That sucks man.

When my local card shop closed, I wasnt to happy, then the other one closed, but we found another one, hopefully you will too!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
That's just all to common these days. I used to know of a ton of shops in the area. All but one closed (and he closed a couple times over the years, mainly to move shop). A new one opened but they are more of a fan shop, and they do cards on the side.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
I work for an auction house adjoined with a card shop. It just doesn't feel like Burton's does/did. Someone called Burton's "The Cheers" of card shops. I'm sure I will be swapping some stories and giving a hug or two before the night is over.

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
Burtons has been my local shop since forever. I remember going there at age 6 with my father buying cards. I will definitely miss it and you are right Tom, Robbie, and crew will be missed as well.

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
Wow, what a disappointment to hear this. The shop will certainly be missed. They always had a great supply of products as well as supplies, not to mention the bid board. Best wishes to all of the staff there, and I wonder what Robbie will do going forward, as I am sure Tom is headed to retirement. If anyone was able to make it there for the final weekend, please post with any final closing remarks from the staff and customers.

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Another local card shop bites the dust. Reminds me when the local one closed down years ago. I still miss it. Even though another opened up its not the same. They didn't have much variety like the old one does.

Members online

Latest posts