Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

how do you know when to give up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamesodo

Oct 31, 2010
I've been working on the 2008 Masterpieces autograph and patch sets since release date.
Still looking for five of the jersey autos and 8 stroke of genius. I have 38 patches and 24 patch autos.
I was just outbid on the Cole Hamels Stroke of Genius cards that ended at $96. $96 for a Cole Hamels autograph!
The white flag might go up soon.
Any similar stories? How did you know when to throw in the towel on a hard set?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Had a few a couple years ago...

I am up against about 3 different '58 Mantle cards, Willie MAYS, and a ton of other stuff from that set... It won't be fun, but it must be done.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Geez, redemptions 100 years ago :benson:

Good luck on the masterpieces set. I'd love the Frank patch, but the jersey auto just sold for $130 :shock:

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Took me 13 Years to finish the 1997 Totally Certified Platinum Gold set........Never give up on a great set.

BTW, it is UD.......are you sure they were all made?

jamesodo

Oct 31, 2010
George_Calfas said:

That's a good point. The only two Stroke of Genius I don't remember ever seeing are Jeff Francoeur and Kevin Youkilis.
Also, don't think I've ever seen a Miguel Cabrera jersey auto.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
jamesodo said:
George_Calfas said:

That's a good point. The only two Stroke of Genius I don't remember ever seeing are Jeff Francoeur and Kevin Youkilis.
Also, don't think I've ever seen a Miguel Cabrera jersey auto.

You might try to find someone else that has put the set together or is working on it. Or contact UD.

dizzyduff13

Apr 7, 2009
Miami, Fl
I've seen 3. I lost the first one for $24. The 2nd one sold for like $90, and the 3rd one sold on a BIN for $12. That's one of the few autos of his that I'm missing.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
you collect until you die. its a genetic flaw in some humans.

i say march on with your Focus, and/or start up another to stave off your shakes while you are hunting for your missing pieces