Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beware of ebay seller sakebono

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
I had a completed agreement with ebay seller sakebono for the Adrian Gonzalez/Carl Crawford 2011 A&G 1/1 booklet redemption card. He sent me a paypal invoice for $800 and I paid immediately. Over 24 hours later, I received a refund and an excuse from him saying, "I have tried to not send this email but the time came. My cohort had previously committed this card to another buyer before our dialogue. He has already accepted payment and sent the code. I will be compensating you with other ginter sox cards as well."

Considering his feedback and how straight forward he had been during the negotiation, I was surprised by his actions. I would have preferred to post something positive about the seller, but the FCB community needs to be kept aware.

Thanks.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Agreed. Sounds like two people couldn't agree on what to do with the card. It happens from time to time. He was honest and is offering to compensate you as well. I'm sure a full refund too? Just an unfortunate experience.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Tell him you'll give him a grand for the card now :)
I don't see anything funny here. Maybe 2 guys went on a case and decided to sell everything. One went home and found
a buyer and forgot to tell the other guy.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
heavy_hitter said:
I had a completed agreement with ebay seller sakebono for the Adrian Gonzalez/Carl Crawford 2011 A&G 1/1 booklet redemption card. He sent me a paypal invoice for $800 and I paid immediately. Over 24 hours later, I received a refund and an excuse from him saying, "I have tried to not send this email but the time came. My cohort had previously committed this card to another buyer before our dialogue. He has already accepted payment and sent the code. I will be compensating you with other ginter sox cards as well."

Considering his feedback and how straight forward he had been during the negotiation, I was surprised by his actions. I would have preferred to post something positive about the seller, but the FCB community needs to be kept aware.

Thanks.

he sent you the money back immediately - what's the issue? - these things happen and at least he was honest about it. heck you are going to get some free cards and not be out $800 for an overpriced card.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
You guys have got to be kidding me. If he won the same card for $45 you would be all over the seller. The seller found a higher offer and backed out on the original sell price. He may have been up front about it, but without more information I would not say that this seller should have the all clear.

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
bouwob said:
You guys have got to be kidding me. If he won the same card for $45 you would be all over the seller. The seller found a higher offer and backed out on the original sell price. He may have been up front about it, but without more information I would not say that this seller should have the all clear.
+1

Its usually what the first couple of posters say---if they would have started bashing the seller---everyone else would have bashed the seller....Followers.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Lifelongfan said:
bouwob said:
+1

Its usually what the first couple of posters say---if they would have started bashing the seller---everyone else would have bashed the seller....Followers.
Come really....we can clearly see that the Seller got a better offer on the card, but the guy gets his money back and I see nothing wrong, atleast he did not get ripped off. And I follow no one.......Sir no one....well ok maybe a chick with a very short skirt on and a thong....but no one else.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Richard needs something to follow cause the season ends in September
so going into Halloween he needs a little pick me up LOL :lol: :lol:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
craiger122003 said:
Richard needs something to follow cause the season ends in September
so going into Halloween he needs a little pick me up LOL :lol: :lol:
If your referring to my Cubs yes last September the 2011 season was over. :lol: