Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone know why J.J Hoover got converted to a reliever?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
He was doing really well as a starter and then a month ago he stopped starting and started relieving. Does anyone know if this is a permanant move or is this just temporary?
Thanks for any info,
Dan

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
thats what I thought at 1st but when I checked how many innings he has pitched, he's on pace to match what he pitched last year and it got me wondering why cut down when he really wasn't over doing it so far this year.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
just to chime in, I keep up with a couple braves messageboards, and never saw anything definitive come out, lots of people were surprised

the two explanations I've seen advanced are innings (I think one of the AA radio announcers may have indicated that was the reason) and need (Braves have plenty of starting pitching depth, Hoover could help them quicker as a reliever)

Hoover flies way under the radar, I figured before the move he'd be a prime trade candidate due to the SP depth, very good (though completely unflashy) pitcher who would be in the middle of most teams top 10 prospects

Members online

Latest posts