Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

EBAY QUESTION... Shipping cost count towards FVF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRAVISAKERS

Aug 23, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Does anybody know if eBay also gets a portion of your shipping cost? Here is my thought, not original I am sure...

If I list an item for $1 BIN and put $40 for shipping would eBay get % of $1 or of everything including shipping???

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Re: EBAY QUESTION...

TRAVISAKERS said:
Does anybody know if eBay also gets a portion of your shipping cost? Here is my thought, not original I am sure...

If I list an item for $1 BIN and put $40 for shipping would eBay get % of $1 or of everything including shipping???

You can lose your account for doing that. That is against their TOS. I've seen it happen, and glad it does to those that do that. Just pay your fees like everyone else, no matter how lame ebay is. I hate all the fees that get taken out, but you gotta play by the rules or they will step in.

t_crabby95

Jun 20, 2011
Re: Delete.

nope, just the buck. thus the huge push for free shipping.

EDIT: wow didnt know that. guess i learned something new

TRAVISAKERS

Aug 23, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
cgilmo said:
why delete the thread? leave it up and let other people get answers too.

Good idea because I am sure I'm not the only one who has wondered. Still proves the message boards are the best place to do business/trades.

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
~yeah man, buck up and pay like everyone else for using their services~

technical term is "circumvention of fees"

there is a way around if you do charge shipping and dont offer free shipping. right after the auction ends, send an invoice with the shipping charge in the "additional charges" section and make the shipping 0. im such a criminal

Members online