Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can someone help explain checkoutmycards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
I saw a couple of cards on there that I could use but admittedly I don't fully understand the entire process.

Also I am in Canada and do not want to create any issues for a seller.

I did try the search here but only found a pros/cons list regarding the site.

Thank you for your time.

Chris

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
all of the cards listed are stored in a warehouse in washington. It is COMC's job to get the cards from their warehouse to the buyer(or you could leave them in your account rather than send them to yourself). The seller will play no part in sending the item to you if you decide to have it shipped.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
There shipping rates are bogus, 3 dollars for the first card and .25 for every one after that. It is packaged nicely but if I am buying a bunch of cards I have to put 10 more dollars in there to ship. Also why can I not put any amount in there I don't want to keep feeding 10 dollars in every time I need a card. If I need 4 cards at 1.00 each thats 4.00 + 3.00 + 1.00 so 8 dollars now I have cards shipped and then find 2 more later in the year. I can buy the cards but I cant ship them to me until I put 10 more dollars in there. I hate that site even though it is useful.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Like blazers said, the cards are stored at a warehouse and not actually in the seller's hands. Once you buy a card it's transferred into your account (not the physical card, just in title), where you can set a new asking price and try to sell it, or mark it as "not for sale" and keep it in your account until you want it shipped to you. It's cheaper to accumulate a bunch of cards then have them all shipped at once due to the way shipping charges are calculated. To Canada the shipping rates are $3.50 for the first card, then $0.25 for each additional card.

You can also pay an extra $0.15 per card to have each one placed in a toploader for shipping, but it's not really worth it. Cards that have a "book value" of a couple of bucks or more will automatically be put in toploaders for free; cheaper cards are shipping in penny sleeves. Orders I've received have been a mixture of toploaders and penny sleeves and they're always very well packaged. I've never paid the extra for toploaders.

I'm in Canada and have received a few orders from COMC without any problems. It is a pain though to have to put a minimum of $10 into your account before you can do anything.

Kind of long-winded, but I hope this helps. :)

- Rod

72skywalker

Aug 4, 2010
The other site that is good is Sportlots. It sucks to have to pay $2.00 or so to get a few cards shipped to you but I was missing a few cards to finish my 1997 Upper Deck set and the only place i found them was on COMC and sportlots. I use them regularly after i exhausted my local card shows and shops. You pay a little more but you can usually find that 1 last card you need.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
PujolsCollector said:
There shipping rates are bogus, 3 dollars for the first card and .25 for every one after that. It is packaged nicely but if I am buying a bunch of cards I have to put 10 more dollars in there to ship. Also why can I not put any amount in there I don't want to keep feeding 10 dollars in every time I need a card. If I need 4 cards at 1.00 each thats 4.00 + 3.00 + 1.00 so 8 dollars now I have cards shipped and then find 2 more later in the year. I can buy the cards but I cant ship them to me until I put 10 more dollars in there. I hate that site even though it is useful.

if you bought those same 4 cards at $1 each and $3 shipping on Ebay are their prices still bogus? you'd pay $16 on Ebay total. also they do run specials on shipping from time to time so if you just buy stuff and let your inventory build up you can hit a special and have them shipped cheaper at that point.. I just did this a few weeks back for cards that had been building up for over 6 months.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
1st4040 said:
PujolsCollector said:

if you bought those same 4 cards at $1 each and $3 shipping on Ebay are their prices still bogus? you'd pay $16 on Ebay total. also they do run specials on shipping from time to time so if you just buy stuff and let your inventory build up you can hit a special and have them shipped cheaper at that point.. I just did this a few weeks back for cards that had been building up for over 6 months.
No but usually if the shipping is more than the card I don't buy it. I usually buy one card from someone, they can PWE it to me if they want. If I payed less than 10 dollars for the card I would expect it to be PWE. I don't like to let the cards build up though because I will forget them and never get them shipped.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
i buy and keep them until i get 70 or more cards the have them bulk shipped for 10 bucks! do you know how much shipping it would cost to do that on ebay 2-3 from a seller at a time? outragiousness!

Card Geeks Blog

Jun 2, 2011
PujolsCollector said:
JzWand said:
Thanks for the info. I am going to try it out with about $25 and see how it works out.
It wil have to be 20 or 30 have to go by 10s 10 20 30 40 50 thats why I dont like it.

It's $5 difference lol. Not much to complain about there. You'll spend it anyway, or I always do.

Aug 29, 2008
nosterbor said:
i buy and keep them until i get 70 or more cards the have them bulk shipped for 10 bucks! do you know how much shipping it would cost to do that on ebay 2-3 from a seller at a time? outragiousness!

I think the first time I had a bunch of cards shipped to me and it was like $18 I was sort of annoyed and then I thought about it for a minute. As everyone said buying 75 cards on Ebay and getting them shipped would cost much more, even if you are paying $1 per card for a PWE. Not to mention you don't have to worry about idiot sellers that never ship or are just hard to deal with in general.

I absolutely love COMC for lower end stuff and inserts. I probably buy more from their than I do from Ebay.

Wes

OG
Administrator
72skywalker said:
The other site that is good is Sportlots. It sucks to have to pay $2.00 or so to get a few cards shipped to you but I was missing a few cards to finish my 1997 Upper Deck set and the only place i found them was on COMC and sportlots. I use them regularly after i exhausted my local card shows and shops. You pay a little more but you can usually find that 1 last card you need.

1st4040 said:
PujolsCollector said:

It never ceases to amaze me how cheap people are. I thought I was a penny pincher. It sucks to pay $2 to have cards shipped to you!? $2!? For somebody to take the time to find the card that you bought, package it up (in an envelope, case etc that all cost money) AND to have it travel from who knows where to wherever you live? Bargain if you ask me.

ronzo

Sep 8, 2008
Stroudsburg, PA
I find it amazing that people can complain about their shipping charges. Sure if you get them shipped every time you buy 2-3 cards it's going to kill you, but if you just let them add up in your account and ship when you get quite a few it's extremely cheap.

Jester

Mar 31, 2011
olerud363 said:
Like blazers said, the cards are stored at a warehouse and not actually in the seller's hands. Once you buy a card it's transferred into your account (not the physical card, just in title), where you can set a new asking price and try to sell it, or mark it as "not for sale" and keep it in your account until you want it shipped to you. It's cheaper to accumulate a bunch of cards then have them all shipped at once due to the way shipping charges are calculated. To Canada the shipping rates are $3.50 for the first card, then $0.25 for each additional card.

You can also pay an extra $0.15 per card to have each one placed in a toploader for shipping, but it's not really worth it. Cards that have a "book value" of a couple of bucks or more will automatically be put in toploaders for free; cheaper cards are shipping in penny sleeves. Orders I've received have been a mixture of toploaders and penny sleeves and they're always very well packaged. I've never paid the extra for toploaders.

I'm in Canada and have received a few orders from COMC without any problems. It is a pain though to have to put a minimum of $10 into your account before you can do anything.

Kind of long-winded, but I hope this helps. :)

- Rod

(Full disclosure: I work for this company) ;)
"Standard" shipping to Canada is that same as within the US: $3.00 for the first card and $0.25 for each additional card. I agree about toploaders - not worth it for normal cards, but can be useful if you happen to need a weird size toploader and don't want to have to buy a whole box of them (extra-thick, A&G, vintage etc).
There's no 'minimum account balance' or anything; you only need money in your account if you want to make offers on cards or keep cards in your online account. If you want to just check out as a guest you can pay with PayPal or with a credit card and don't even have to make an account with us.
Thanks!
-Jeremy

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Thanks for everyone's assistance.

I purchased 4 cards and paid for them to be shipped.
Shipping came to just over $4 as I added 2 cards to put put in toploaders.

In comparison, I spend over $15 in s/h fees on ebay yesterday for 5 cards.

I will update this post once I receive my cards from COMC but so far I dont see any negatives outside of having to add credit in $10 increments.

If all goes well though I think I will be able to live with that!

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
So I just wanted to update this and advise I received my cards yesterday.
They were well packaged and in nice condition so I would have no problem recommending COMC.

I did have one further question for those who use the site frequently.

I purchased a Brett Lawrie Razor Patch Auto /20 on COMC a week ago but I have yet to have it shipped to me.

Even though I dont have it in my physical possession, has anyone ever listed an ebay auction for a card in their COMC inventory?
And then can you have COMC ship it to the winning bidder?

I thought about this but I am not sure how comfortable I would feel basically having a 3rd party.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts