Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Packeus searchikus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Babbaloie

Nov 9, 2010
a6cd0964-46f8-e851.jpg

Its a rare glimpse into the native habitat of the fabled wild packeus searchikus....sub phylum "doucheinus".

Look at him in all his majestic glory!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
That's great and terrible at the same time. Great because it looks like the guy from Storage Wars. Terrible because...well you know.

Allen

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Hey, that's not a fair accusation with that pic - he may be checking out the wrapper for retail odds and comparing them to hobby stated odds and doing a mathematical analysis of which packs are a better bang for your buck.

ok, maybe not.

Honestly, though, there is one pack searcher in our area who plucked out a George Bush auto out of ginter racks, and it just fuels his fire - he ain't ever gonna stop. That Yelich red auto didn't help either.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Babbaloie said:
a6cd0964-46f8-e851.jpg

Its a rare glimpse into the native habitat of the fabled wild packeus searchikus....sub phylum "doucheinus".

Look at him in all his majestic glory!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

a6cd0964-46f8-e851.jpg

ekomsdeeew

Aug 18, 2010
uniquebaseballcards said:
Bruin7 said:
That's great and terrible at the same time. Great because it looks like the guy from Storage Wars. Terrible because...well you know.

Allen

Kind of looks like Chunk
Elh14XdyIq08mcs9bpg3c-apR3F2u0FMohsgyhtT8oxkwQ&t=1.jpg

you mean slooth ;D

how does one even search packs??

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
brouthercard said:
Honestly, though, there is one pack searcher in our area who plucked out a George Bush auto out of ginter racks, and it just fuels his fire - he ain't ever gonna stop. That Yelich red auto didn't help either.

So he just opened it right there in front of you? And you also miraculously witnessed him pull a red yelich auto and a George Bush auto out of just newly released Ginter? Why do you know so much about what this "guy" pulls from his pack searching adventures?

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
At least you have product.... we get pack searchers bad here. I stuck security on one of them idiots. Now we have a guy who knows when stuff comes in and buys every pack from the hanging thing and they only get it one time. Sometimes he buys all of the value packs and blasters also. Freaking guy could buy an entire box for what he spends on retail.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Honestly, it kinda makes me sad to see a grown man doing this...

Sad because a grown man has so little value to his time and/or life that making the trek to the local store to search baseball cards is worth while.

:(

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I saw this once at the ShopKo I frequent... I thought about sneaking a few off the top of his pile and buying them. I didn't because that wouldn't have made me any better than him.

I should have snuck a few and put them back in for other collectors.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
ArtVandelay said:
brouthercard said:

So he just opened it right there in front of you? And you also miraculously witnessed him pull a red yelich auto and a George Bush auto out of just newly released Ginter? Why do you know so much about what this "guy" pulls from his pack searching adventures?

He sells the cards to a local shop, and the owner shows me his finds. And he tells me about his pulls as well. I'm sorry if I blew your cover.

Members online