Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

02 Playoff Contenders Auto/2003 Hawaii Trade Show Giveaway??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Does anybody know anything about this card ?  I obtained this card off eBay. Seller said it is from the 2003 Hawaii Trade Show. 

It is machine stamped 3/5. 

Does anyone know of any other players that have cards like this regarding the 2002 Playoff Contenders Rookie tickets Auto ?

The regular Playoff Contender Rookie Tickets were machine numbered out of 500 so there is obviously no tampering with the stamping. 

I would assume this Could be Ed Reed's Rarest Autographed Rookie card out there??

The listing title prevented anyone from finding it. There was a total of 9 views on the page and 6 of them were from me. The card does not show up on Becketts Player Checklist. I got it for a whopping price of 44$. 

Front looks identical to the standard autographed issue. 

But the back reveals the 3/5 Machine Numbered Stamping. 

8e65e89e.jpg

b368f0c8.jpg

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I don't know anything about the rookie tickets specifically, but that is definitely the stamp from the Hawaii show, as I have a couple of Playoff Contenders veteran cards with that stamp all /5.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
Bump

Does anybody own one of another player?

Were these really given away at Hawaii Trade Show in 2003?

I am not normally one to give a baseball board reaction, but why did you bump it? It was not even 3 hours all after midnight on the east coast. I doubt it fell more than 4 subjects down the page.

With that said, it looks legit. Card companies usually just stamp a set they have already made and then give it out at the hawaii show. Thing is, most trade cards /5 are not worth as much as a pack pulled one.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
I have seen other ones. I have also seen ones not rookies like say a CHris Carter auto 1/1 patch...

However I have seen no major price increase for them as well. We are talking minimal 10-20%

Thanks for the help to my fellow gurus of info.
Much appreciated.

I know it's not "worth" as much as the regular issue but I'm sure other Reed
Diehards would love to own this rare card. It's going to be tucked away
In my PC. Or they will bash it for not owning it lol.

Thanks guys !!

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Big Mac McGwire said:
Thanks for the help to my fellow gurus of info.
Much appreciated.

I know it's not "worth" as much as the regular issue but I'm sure other Reed
Diehards would love to own this rare card. It's going to be tucked away
In my PC. Or they will bash it for not owning it lol.

Thanks guys !!

It's a great looking card. If I was a Reed collector, I know I'd want it in my collection, regardless of value.