Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

When do you leave 1s or 2s on seller feedback?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
I'm just curious. I recently got a feedback from a seller that gave me a 1 or 2 on shipping...my $2.00 shipping on a 3-card lot! Yes, $2.00 and the bloody thing actually cost me $2.51 to ship!!!!

WTF is wrong with buyers these days?! Do they not realize that these 1 or 2 ratings do IMPACT sellers?! Grrr! :twisted: :evil:

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
i dont remember the last time i left below a 4-5 star rating...

that's crappy, man. this is why ive been offering free shipping and at most lately, $1.79 on slabbed stuff but might just go back to free. not worth the hassle..

i like my 5 star ratings..what's the username?

dave

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
daveyou said:
i dont remember the last time i left below a 4-5 star rating...

that's crappy, man. this is why ive been offering free shipping and at most lately, $1.79 on slabbed stuff but might just go back to free. not worth the hassle..

i like my 5 star ratings..what's the username?

dave

Member id slitteroperator

I would highly suggest blocking this d-bag! :twisted:

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Some people seem to leave 1 or 2's for anything that isn't FREE shipping. Just the way it is these days. I personally couldn't care less. I'll charge my $2.50 shipping on anything under $100 and if ebay decides to limit/suspend me as a seller because a few d-bags decided to leave 1's or 2's...well then, they can go **** themselves :twisted:

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
cmnkb8 said:
Some people seem to leave 1 or 2's for anything that isn't FREE shipping. Just the way it is these days. I personally couldn't care less. I'll charge my $2.50 shipping on anything under $100 and if ebay decides to limit/suspend me as a seller because a few d-bags decided to leave 1's or 2's...well then, they can go frack themselves :twisted:

I hear ya man. I must be the "dream" buyer because I DO NOT look at the postage rate UNLESS they are charging like $6.00 for one card, then I look. And even that, I don't leave 1 or 2s unless it's in a PWE.

I'm just happy to get my card secured well in bubble mailer. :cool:

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
When do I leave 1s or 2s on seller feedback?

When I'm crabby. Usually it's because I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, or did something to piss the old lady off so she yelled at me. When I get in this crabby mood, it just makes me want to leave feedback. It's such a pain, so I put it off, and when I see I have like 20 feedbacks to leave it pisses me off. :evil: So then I just start dropping 1s and 2s on 'em. My favorite is to leave a bunch of 2s, and then a positive comment like "Great seller would buy from again." Or all 1s and something like "This transaction was neither positive or negative. I paid and got my card. Neutral."

At least as a seller, you can quit worrying about trying to make me happy. It's just not going to happen.

stu

Jan 24, 2010
I usually leave 5s if I get the card safely. Broke that the other day when someone charged $10 and $2.03 was affixed to the bubble mailer.

mlbfan10

Feb 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
Messier2 said:
I'm just curious. I recently got a feedback from a seller that gave me a 1 or 2 on shipping...my $2.00 shipping on a 3-card lot! Yes, $2.00 and the bloody thing actually cost me $2.51 to ship!!!!

WTF is wrong with buyers these days?! Do they not realize that these 1 or 2 ratings do IMPACT sellers?! Grrr! :twisted: :evil:

My old seller account had almost 1100 feedback all 100%. I received three 1's or 2's in my shipping charge. So I kept getting emails from eBay about improving this. About a year goes by and I do not receive any 1's or 2's and get all positives. Then out of the blue I go to list and can't. Guess what those bastards revoked my selling rights. I need some one to explain to how this is okay? I called and of course no help saying blah blah blah to get off the phone. Supposedly I can apply for reinstatement in six months which this was in March. By the ways the 1's and 2's I had received where in March of 2010 so I got the boot for low ratings well before they started these new seller standards. Now I'm building up a new account but this sucks because people think I'm a newbie and it's very annoying.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I don't think I ever have. Unless something is really egregious and the seller is not willing to work with me, I won't leave one. Even then, if there's room to give benefit of the doubt, I try to. I might drop a 3, but I know that with a few 1's or 2's a guy is off eBay, so especially for a person with a decent track record I am careful.

On an aside, I won't leave anything less than a 5 for shipping unless the seller ships in a way that is below "acceptable shipping practices." If the seller asks for $6 shipping and states it will be in a padded envelope with DC, as long as it was up front I view it as a part of a deal. If a seller charges $3-$4 and ships in a PWE with no tracking I may ding them on it.

Same for shipping time. If a seller says they can only ship on weekends and I win a card on Monday, I don't hold it against them (and if for some reason they miss one weekend and need to wait until the next and contact me about it, I'm usually ok then as well, though it may depend on the card and situation.)

packbusta

Aug 15, 2010
RL24 said:

When I'm crabby. Usually it's because I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, or did something to piss the old lady off so she yelled at me. When I get in this crabby mood, it just makes me want to leave feedback. It's such a pain, so I put it off, and when I see I have like 20 feedbacks to leave it pisses me off. :evil: So then I just start dropping 1s and 2s on 'em. My favorite is to leave a bunch of 2s, and then a positive comment like "Great seller would buy from again." Or all 1s and something like "This transaction was neither positive or negative. I paid and got my card. Neutral."

At least as a seller, you can quit worrying about trying to make me happy. It's just not going to happen.

Are you serious?

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
i'd ding them if i paid a lot more on shipping than what was on the envelope (taking into consideration top loaders, etc.) or if it took super long to get here based on when the item was paid for. sometimes people are just jerks and take it out knowing that you can't do anything to them. sucks. sorry man.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
packbusta said:
RL24 said:

Are you serious?

It doesn't matter if he's serious, what matters is that he's pointing out that about 1-2% of buyers feel this way and that is all you need to get dinged.

I should post my seller feedback because it is basically the epitome of a Canadian Seller.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I don't think I ever have. Unless it was the one time I left a negative...but I think the star categories change when leaving a neg...don't remember.

The way I basically see it...if I leave anything other than a 5, it's going to hurt the sellers bottom line...in order to recoup the loss of eBay discounts, the seller is going to jack up other prices somewhere else. Rather than get caught in this cycle of perpetually growing fees (that are, in the end, passed to the buyer), I always leave 5 stars...even if shipping was a few bucks too high (I agreed when I bid), even if it took too long to arrive, and as long as I get what I purchased, in the condition as described (or the seller takes care of a return if that's not the case).

eBay is the only party that benefits when 5 stars are not left...if immediately hurts the seller, which in time hurts all buyers. Meanwhile, eBay has collected more fees.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
i never have. i know how much it cost to mail a card. if its excessive i pass on it. the thing about ebay is dealing with some of the wonderful people on there. i feel your pain.

byggmesterbob.jpg

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Messier2 said:

I've been considering buying and leaving low feedback for sellers who outbid me on a card just to put the same card in their store at a jacked up price :evil: :twisted:

Members online

Latest posts