Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brandon Wood - Looking surprisingly mediocre?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
Anyone else keeping an eye on Brandon Wood since he's been in Pittsburgh?

He's certainly not lighting the world on fire, but he's starting to look like he may not be the worst player ever.

His Pirates line is still crummy (.215/.287/.356), but it looks like he's doing way better than he ever did in Anaheim. He's actually taking a few walks too (37:15 K:BB).

Nothing to indicate that he'll ever be the superstar he once was hyped as, but certainly at least a glimmer of hope that he might one day be *gasp* an average player.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
He stinks and has made numerous bad plays recently in the field. He will be gone once Alvarez and the rest are off the DL or called back up.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
maxpower said:
Anyone else keeping an eye on Brandon Wood since he's been in Pittsburgh?

He's certainly not lighting the world on fire, but he's starting to look like he may not be the worst player ever.

His Pirates line is still crummy (.287 /.356/.642), but it looks like he's doing way better than he ever did in Anaheim. He's actually taking a few walks too (37:15 K:BB).

Nothing to indicate that he'll ever be the superstar he once was hyped as, but certainly at least a glimmer of hope that he might one day be *gasp* an average player.
A .642 SLG is considered crummy?

Regardless, those aren't his stats as Scotty said. He still blows.

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
I was going to say, I've been following Wood's line since he was DFA'd by the Angels, and his line with Pittsburgh is nowhere near what was posted by the OP.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
scotty21690 said:
Isn't his line .215/.287/.356?

Either way, he still sucks.

Yes, I misposted the line (corrected now), but this is what I meant. If his slugging was actually .600+, that would be an indication of something more than potential mediocrity.

I'm not disputing that he's still a crummy player and I'm certainly not trying to pump him up. What I found interesting is that he seems to be a tad better in Pittsburgh (worst player on the team) than he was in Anaheim (worst player in the league).

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
P_Manning 18 said:
But his Bowman Chrome auto used to sell for $100. How could so many people be so wrong?

Glad I went with Trumbo at $3 each(Elite). I do have a base and ref auto of Wood that I got for the pc, good thing I got them dirt cheap.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
P_Manning 18 said:
But his Bowman Chrome auto used to sell for $100. How could so many people be so wrong?

i pulled a gold refractor auto when 2003 bcd came out. it was at the time a great pull. glad i sold it back then to. :D