Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Topps Mayo 1894 Original Pulled(need some help)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedBaron16

Feb 1, 2009
Hello folks, this is my first post here. I am hoping I can get some help. I pulled two amazing cards in one day. One is a Topps American Heritage American History Cut Signature 1/1 of William Jennings Bryan. I couldn't believe my luck, those cards are 1:24000+! I also pulled a 2008 Topps Mayo 1894 Original Mayo card of Thorne from Yale. I know this card is going to be rare, but I'm having no luck finding out how rare. Nothing on the box and they wouldn't tell me anything over the phone. What I do know is that only 12 of the original 35 cards from the set are represented and my card is the one shown in the Topps Mayo Preview video. It is at about 27 seconds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZB4amSfK-o

Any information about the card would be very appreciated. I'm mostly interested in the odds of pulling one and how many of each player were produced. None have shown up on eBay yet, or anywhere else for that matter. I'm, obviously, hoping there are very few of them! Thanks much.

1-30-2009_010.jpg

1-30-2009_011.jpg

Oh yeah, and here is a scan of the cut auto for any interested parties.

1-30-2009_012.jpg

1-30-2009_013.jpg

RedBaron16

Feb 1, 2009
If anyone is interested, these two cards are now on eBay. Come in and throw some bids out there. Help me get to Disney World! ;)

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Awesome, incredibly lucky pulls. Hopefully you will be buying a lottery ticket, too. The Mayo will probably get a slight premium since all the baseball buybacks do, the little frame making it so special. And the Bryant should go highly, too.

Members online