Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ravens release ENTIRE team...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
:shock: Well.. kind of :lol:

Ravens informed WR Derrick Mason, TE Todd Heap, RB Willis McGahee, and NT Kelly Gregg of their release.Combined, the moves save $18.6 million in base salary, and all four cuts clear significant room under the salary cap. The flurry of salary slashes makes us wonder if Baltimore is gearing up for a run at free agent Nnamdi Asomugha, who could not only shore up the Ravens' secondary, but serve as an excellent mentor to first-round pick Jimmy Smith. Mason, 37, caught 61 passes for 802 yards and seven touchdowns last season. He still has value as a possession-slot type receiver, but the Ravens already had too many of those.

I actually really like this.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
The fact that the Ravens just cut a bunch of players they hope to sign to cheaper deals means the players lost the CBA.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
McGahee makes sense with Rice there

Heap makes to much to be inactive half the season with injuries

Mason is still good, but getting older. Housh and/or Stallworth will be back. I can see Mason coming back, especially as a leader.

Gregg is like most DTs, IMO and are interchangeable. He will have to take less money. If they feel confident Mt. Cody can step in (assuming he shows up "in shape" and not pushing 400 lbs) then Gregg may go elsewhere in the end.

All of them seem to be good and logical moves.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
If Asomuga doesnt land on the Saints roster, I hope he stays in the AFC :)

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I'm so happy McGahee was cut. He wasn't getting the field time he deserves, and can definitely put up respectable game time with another team.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Card Magnet said:
I'm so happy McGahee was cut. He wasn't getting the field time he deserves, and can definitely put up respectable game time with another team.

amen he always seemed to do well against the steelers at least scoring anyways..

Ray Rice meh

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
wheeler281 said:
Card Magnet said:

amen he always seemed to do well against the steelers at least scoring anyways..

Ray Rice meh

Yeah Rice Rocket hasn't really been a factor.. except for his mouth. The factor part I think has alot to do with the playing scheme that was set last season. Way too conservative.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
wheeler281 said:
Card Magnet said:

Ray Rice meh
They may not have to worry about McGahee scoring, but the Steelers are still screwed when they play the Ravens...they still have The Steeler Slayer; Joe Flacco! :lol:

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Card Magnet said:
wheeler281 said:
[quote="Card Magnet":1vpgwfgl]I'm so happy McGahee was cut. He wasn't getting the field time he deserves, and can definitely put up respectable game time with another team.

Ray Rice meh
They may not have to worry about McGahee scoring, but the Steelers are still screwed when they play the Ravens...they still have The Steeler Slayer; Joe Flacco! :lol:[/quote:1vpgwfgl]
:lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts