Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

90's gold?? keeps gettin better!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_crabby95

Jun 20, 2011
well, there was s guy with 5 5000 ct boxes leaving the cardshop the other day. he was bummed because the guy at the store wouldnt even look at his mid to late 90s-early 2000s cards. they were all sports. i said is look at them and saw theres a lot of base, some damaged cards and a lot of inserts. He offered me the boxes for 10 bucks each because he had been to three hopd and noone wanted them. i figured id take a stab at it, and im REALLY glad i did.

ive been thru 2 rows and found some really cool stuff. one of the cards i found ive already sold for 50 bucks! i had a buyer from Hungary ask about it and then before i could answer another buyer hit the BIN and paid for it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MESOX:IT

in the 1st 2 rows i looked at these jumped out at me:
about 25-30 1997 finest "uncommon" and a few "rare" some of the uncommons are 3D some names like maddux, jeter not all scrubs
topps gold label AJ burnett RC
1997 tony gwynn SPx silver
1999 topps east/west jordan/kobe
1998 topps gallery tpm glavine private issue 19/250
88 fleer jordan allstar (card # 120)
1997 topps team timber gary sheffield (cars is printed on wood)

theres a lot of cool stuff left to discover i hope!! even if thered no other "money" cards im good because i already got most of my money back, and these 90s cards are pretty awesome!

timfsu2k

Jul 8, 2009
Kentucky
Re: 90's gold??

Wow that's cool man! I love buying those big boxes like that. Let me know if you find any Nolan Ryan or Chris Webber cards in there.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut

Nice buy! If you need help identifying anything feel free to let me know, I know a lot of those sets well.

For example, your Finest "uncommon" and "rare" cards were the notations used for "Silver" and "Gold".

If you find a lot of the SPx cards, keep an eye out for the Grand Finale cards. They're tough to identify but extremely valuable.

t_crabby95

Jun 20, 2011

BunchOBull said:
I'd love to see any limited Frank Thomases you run across.

theres a ton of franks. im sorting as i go. havent found any numbered ones yet. i think one of the uncommon finest silvers is a frank thomas

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa

It's amazing how much "Card dealers" know (or actually DON'T know) about what cards sell for.

*******!

Congrats on the great buy!

Super32

Aug 8, 2008

He said the owner didn't even look at them. I would suspect that in numerous dealings that many people have come in with similiar stuff. 90's commons, etc. The shop owner breaks the news they aren't worth that much. The customer gets pissed off that they "wasted" their money in what they thought would be a gold mine now. 90% of people that call and bring stuff in have crap. Maybe it isn't worth the hassle. As an shop owner you have to make a decision, is it worth the headaches. If business is good, probably not. If it is bad, then it is.

tonsofcommons said:
It's amazing how much "Card dealers" know (or actually DON'T know) about what cards sell for.

*******!

Congrats on the great buy!

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa

I think it's ALWAYS worth taking a flip through boxes that people bring in. You can determine in 5 to 10 minutes if something is worth buying for the price.

And I'm sorry, but 5000 count boxes are almost ALWAYS worth $10 if they are newer than 1996.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida

tonsofcommons said:
I think it's ALWAYS worth taking a flip through boxes that people bring in. You can determine in 5 to 10 minutes if something is worth buying for the price.

And I'm sorry, but 5000 count boxes are almost ALWAYS worth $10 if they are newer than 1996.
i will thake 100 5000 count boxes from the mid 90s with inserts in them. just i error or oddball per box is worth it. and thats is where they are in those boxes that the person has not got a clue of what the have!

t_crabby95

Jun 20, 2011

nosterbor said:
this is the kind of crap you pull out of those boxes!
juan_picture.jpgjuan_picture.jpg
juan_picture.jpgjuan_picture.jpg
juan_picture.jpg

Found a bagwell just like that first one. The sheer dominance silver. I did find a juan gonzalez 97 finest rare card.

Members online

Latest posts