Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: tiki barber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
im sorry, I cant help it. Watching the superbowl pregame,
does anyone on earth have a bigger head than tiki?
again, sorry. its bugging me :?

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
but barrys giant fake head matches his giant fake body

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
boomo said:
:lol:

I've always dislike Tiki. Big bad Tiki Barber with his 55 or so career rushing TDs, or is it roughly 55 fumbles? Or wait, it could be both!

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Card Magnet said:
boomo said:

I've always dislike Tiki. Big bad Tiki Barber with his 55 or so career rushing TDs, or is it roughly 55 fumbles? Or wait, it could be both!

You gotta post the good with the bad. he fumbled 53 times but only lost 22 thats like 2 a season not bad considering the offensive touches he had. yes he has a monster head but he was also an elite player.

In 2005, he was the NFL's top yardage gainer from the line of scrimmage. He was voted by his peers to three Pro Bowls. From 2003-2006, Tiki Barber gained the most yards from scrimmage by any NFL running back in that 4 year period.
Barber broke the Giants' single-game rushing record against the Kansas City Chiefs, rushing for 220 yards; he would break his own record the following year. It was his second (of three) 200 yard rushing games during the 2005 season, as he ran for 206 yards in week 8
* In 2006, Barber became only the 21st player in NFL history to rush for over 10,000 yards during his career. Tiki also became the third player in NFL history to gain more than 10,000 rushing yards and 5,000 receiving yards in a NFL career, joining Marshall Faulk and Marcus Allen.

* Led NFL in total yards from scrimmage: 2004, 2005
* 38 games of 100+ yards rushing
* 5 games of 200+ yards rushing
* Pro Bowl: 2005, 2006, 2007
* First player in NFL history with 1,800 rushing yards and 500 receiving yards in one season
* In 2005, Barber became one of three players in NFL history with at least three 200-yard rushing games in a season (O.J. Simpson had 3 in 1973 and Earl Campbell ran for 200 yards four times in 1980)
* He is one of only ten running backs to have over 400 receptions and 10,000 yards rushing. Walter Payton, Marshall Faulk, Marcus Allen, Emmitt Smith, Curtis Martin, Edgerrin James, Ricky Watters,Warrick Dunn, and Thurman Thomas are the other nine.
* In 2006, Tiki Barber became the fourth player in NFL history to have four 2,000 total yard seasons, joining Marshall Faulk, Brian Mitchell and Dante Hall.
* In 2006, Tiki Barber became the third player in NFL history to have at least 2,100 rushing attempts and 575 receptions in a career, joining Marcus Allen and Marshall Faulk.
* Tiki Barber is the third player in NFL history to be the career leader in both rushing yards and receptions with their respective NFL Franchises, joining Chicago Bears Walter Payton and Tampa Bay Buccaneers James Wilder.
* Tiki Barber is the fourth running back in NFL history to lead their respective NFL franchises in career receptions, joining Walter Payton (Chicago Bears), James Wilder ( Tampa Bay Buccaneers) and Larry Centers (Arizona Cardinals).
* Tiki Barber led the Giants in rushing in every game from the beginning of the 2002 season through the end of the 2006 season, an NFL record 80 consecutive games.

[edit] New York Giants team records

* Longest Touchdown Run: 95 yards, December 31, 2005 vs. the Oakland Raiders
* Most Rushing Touchdowns, Career: 55
* Most Rushing Attempts, Season: 357, 2005 season
* Most Rushing Attempts, Career: 2,217
* Most 100 Yard Games, Season: 9, 2004 season
* Most 200 Yard Games, Season: 3, 2005 season
* Most Rushing Yards, Single Game: 234 yards, December 30, 2006 vs. the Washington Redskins
* Most Rushing Yards, Season: 1,860 yards, 2005 season
* Most Rushing Yards, Career: 10,449 yards
* Most Total Yards, Season: 2,390 yards, 2005 season
* Most 1,000 Yard Seasons: 6
* Yards Per Carry, Career: 4.7
* Most Total Yards, Game: 276 (203 rushing yards, 73 receiving yards), December 28, 2002 vs. the Philadelphia Eagles
* Most Total Yards (Rushing, Receiving, Returns and Fumble Yardage), Career: 17,359
* Most Yards From Scrimmage (Rushing and Receiving), Career: 15,632
* Highest Average 100+ yards from scrimmage per game, Career (min: 150 games): 101.5
* Most Fumble Recoveries, Game: 3, October 29, 2000 vs. the Philadelphia Eagles

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
jcmint said:
Card Magnet said:
boomo said:

You gotta post the good with the bad. he fumbled 53 times but only lost 22 thats like 2 a season not bad considering the offensive touches he had. yes he has a monster head but he was also an elite player.
I'll give it to you, he does have some decent numbers and whatnot. Perhaps I'm letting my dislike of him rule my judgement.

This really got me laughing at him -
(Commenting on Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and toughness)
"In wrestling they pull punches. In the NFL we don't pull hits." Couldn't remember exact phrasing, but that's pretty darn close.
I think I'd take The Rock in a toughness comparison, lol. The guy's a monster.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
tiki.jpg

Tag patch :D