Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lets the Quarterback Carousel begin!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
Hasslebeck signs with the Titans.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Filed to ESPN: Titans reached agreement with quarterback Matthew Hasselbeck on a multi-year deal.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
Donovan McNabb expected to be dealt to Vikings later today. But as of this morning, Redskins and McNabb's agent both say no deal yet.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
One Bad Day said:
goldenegg1 said:
Sucks for Jake Locker

How so?
Yeah, I'm failing to see how this sucks for him. With camps being shortened due to the lockout, there shouldn't be any rookie QB's starting this year, at least early on. This move allows the Titans to groom Locker and fine tune his skills while learning the playbook.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
One Bad Day said:
goldenegg1 said:
Sucks for Jake Locker

How so?

Didn't they get rid of Young? Collins retired, so I thought he had the chance to start, this pushes his start date back a couple of years, or until Hasselbeck gets injured which will probably be sometime in the first 6 weeks of the season.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
mstng99tim said:
One Bad Day said:
goldenegg1 said:
Sucks for Jake Locker

How so?
Yeah, I'm failing to see how this sucks for him. With camps being shortened due to the lockout, there shouldn't be any rookie QB's starting this year, at least early on. This move allows the Titans to groom Locker and fine tune his skills while learning the playbook.

I agree with you on this one. As eager as I am to see Locker start an NFL game, I'd be much happier if he had a long, successful career, something I don't see happening if he gets forced in to soon.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hasselbeck to the Titans is one of the best things that can happen to Locker. He now has a vet ahead of him in the mentor role, plus he won't be forced onto the field before he's ready. I think that more often than not, QBs can rise to a higher level if they have a couple of years to learn behind the clipboard before stepping onto the field (Romo, Rodgers, Brady, Steve Young, etc.).

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Card Magnet said:
Hasselbeck to the Titans is one of the best things that can happen to Locker. He now has a vet ahead of him in the mentor role, plus he won't be forced onto the field before he's ready. I think that more often than not, QBs can rise to a higher level if they have a couple of years to learn behind the clipboard before stepping onto the field (Romo, Rodgers, Brady, Steve Young, etc.).

Brennan hit the nail on the head and I also agree with Tim and OBD.

Great signing for the Titans and perfect for Locker's potential and future.

I personally would have liked to see Carson Palmer or Donovan McNabb in Ten (especially since McNabb only cost two 6th rd picks), but Matty is a great veteran for Locker to learn from and still a reliable arm.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
One Bad Day said:
mstng99tim said:
[quote="One Bad Day":2v6ix6ka]
goldenegg1 said:
Sucks for Jake Locker

How so?

I agree with you on this one. As eager as I am to see Locker start an NFL game, I'd be much happier if he had a long, successful career, something I don't see happening if he gets forced in to soon.[/quote:2v6ix6ka]

Yeah this new idea from fans that every 1st rnd qb that gets drafted to start right away is crazy speak. Jake Locker under a vet qb for a year or more would be great! In fact would be great for every young qb drafted. Since 2004 we have this idea that rookie qbs somehow should be thrown into the fire and that is not the case for best results

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
would hate to see orton go to the dolphins. Henne in my eyes has been handicapped by the staff not letting him play his game. now that the wildcat might die an the O-line is getting better he has a better chance. yes henne has had his fair share of mental errors but remember he did throw for over 3300 yds last year. I think they should give him another chance or let him go or trade him so he can get that chance.

Members online

Latest posts