Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Your top 5 complaints about major league baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5. astro turf, baseball needs to be played on grass. real grass... let the teams manicure their field anyway they choose but get rid of the artificial turf.

4. players dont smack the tag anymore. when i was a kid they taught us to tag and make the runner know they have been tagged. applying the tag in this manner would have left no doubt in the braves pirates game.

3. john sterling... you're on the mark tex, a text message from mark, an a bomb from arod, the grandy man can! what the **** is that ****? its horrible call the game or get a show with chris berman and put it on a channel i dont have to listen too! i would like to burn him with a metal clothes hanger that i put over an open flame for a few hours.

2. the instant replay issue. the blown calls in baseball have been their for a century dont automate the game leave margins for human error.

1. pitchers who spring off the mound and pump their fist and jump up and down like they just knocked out the champ... then throw at a batter who admires a homerun. its the same thing. you dont want someone to watch a home run then dont prance around like a ballerina when you strike someone out.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
1. Cockiness. I'm a fan of those guys who are just happy to be able to play the game. Like Robinson Cano. Not the peckerheads who think they deserve to be treated like a freakin' god because they play baseball. People will never change though, so it's unfixable. Not really even specific to baseball. All sports on this one.

2. DH. I'm a fan of the Yankees, so the DH works in my favor. However, I am also a fan of fairness in sports and I just don't think one league should have it and one league shouldn't. Level it out.

3. Overslot draft pick signing. Overpaying young players, sometimes to the tune of millions of dollars, can lead to #1 on my list and also to teams having to budget different guys because they're paying their draft picks so much. MLB shouldn't just suggest draft pick contract money, it should mandate it. I feel that this would allow teams who draft high (who obviously suck because they draft high) to have extra money to sign draft picks rather than paying their top picks $5M+ right off the bat.

4. World Series home field advantage being decided by the ASG. Just stupid.

5. The Hall of Fame. It should be for the guys who were ELITE when they played, not the guys who were very good or dare I even say "great"? It's becoming the hall of Above Average for any Period of Time.

Metsfan75

Jan 25, 2009
5. Yankees Fans over hyping their team.

4. Yankees Ballpark

3. Yankees Management

2. Yankees Announcers

1. Alex Rodriguez

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
1. All-Star game decides home field.
2. The DH. It should be the same for both leagues. I don't care who hits.
3. Umpires. I get that they are human, but they suck at what they do and they are arrogant ******** when asked about their call.
4. Playing Field/Surfaces: houston's hill and Astro-turf....Why allow surfaces and/or design features that can lead to injury? And, why not have standard minimums for ballpark walls. Please standardize the playing surface and dimensions!!! We are a professional sport for Ruth's sake!!
5. Baseball Cards: how could an industry **** up something as easy as baseball cards?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
1. I'd agree many players don't show enough hustle/don't push themselves enough.

2. There are two teams too many right now.

3. ...

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
wolfmanalfredo said:
5. Overpaid players

4. Lack of hustle

3. AS Game selection process

2. Pitch Count

1. Interleague Play
Great list but I like the interleague games. It gives you a chance to see some match ups that you would never see unless both teams made the WS. I don't like the gold glove selection process. Much like the AS game selection it amounts to nothing more than a popularity contest and the most deserving player doesn't win, i.e. Jeter 2010.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
1. No DH in the NL. Just have a DH already. I don't want to watch the pitcher bat, k thx.
2. HoF selection process. It needs to be re-hauled, too many arguments and bickering about undeserved players getting in blah blah blah.
3. The Twins sucking.
4. Joe Morgan announcing. Please stop.
5. Not having instant replay. It works, it works well, there's no reason not to have it at all times other than "purists" crying about it ruining the game and making it take even longer than it already does.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
5.Yankees
Red Sox
Brewers
Blue Jays
Orioles
Mets
CUBS
White Sox
Cardinals
Athletics
Angels
Indians
Braves
Rangers
Astros
Padres
Marlins
Rays
Phillies
Tigers
Giants
Rockies
Mariners
Reds
Diamondbacks
Dodgers

4. Ticket Prices
Concession Prices
Parking prices
Extra large autograph prices
Many of their sponsors and the prices to sit in the seats named after them

3. Mark Texeria
Derek Jeter
A-Rod
Joe Girardi
Bud Selig
Justin Morneau

2. Charlie Sheen
1. Steroids

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
In no order:

Get rid of the DH

Stop complaining about needing replay.

Salary Floor > Increased revenue sharing

Wussifcation of pitchers

Interleague.

I also agree with person who said we have too many teams.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
5.Yankees
Red Sox
Brewers
Blue Jays
Orioles
Mets
CUBS
White Sox
Cardinals
Athletics
Angels
Indians
Braves
Rangers
Astros
Padres
Marlins
Rays
Phillies
Tigers
Giants
Rockies
Mariners
Reds
Diamondbacks
Dodgers

4. Ticket Prices
Concession Prices
Parking prices
Extra large autograph prices
Many of their sponsors and the prices to sit in the seats named after them

3. Mark Texeria
Derek Jeter
A-Rod
Joe Girardi
Bud Selig
Justin Morneau

2. Charlie Sheen
1. Steroids

So when he said 5 you thought he meant the 39 things you dislike about baseball? ;)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
5. Needs to have hard slotting draft picks.
4. No trading draft picks
3. Pete Rose annd joe jackson not in hof
2. Pitch counts
1. John Sterling and Suzan Waldman... As a yankee fan

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
5. All-Star fan vo
4. 162 game schedule - too compressed - spread it out to about 7 months so
those without a hometeam like me can take in more of the league than have to
find a favorite to watch just about every day when all 15 games are on the sked
3. John Sterling (especially his Yankee homer calls)
2. MLB Network for their lack of adding carriage on reasonable terms to pay tv providers
1. MLB.TV / MLB Extra Innings unreasonable blackout regions

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
1. DH - Either both leagues have it, or both leagues don't.
2. Unbalanced leagues/divisions - 14 teams in one league and 16 teams in another doesn't make sense to me. Also, there is one 6 team division, one 4 team division, and four 5 team divisions. That doesn't make sense.
3. The owner of one of the teams is also the commissioner of the league. I don't see how that can't be a conflict of interest.
4. Hall of Fame elections - Although not technically a complaint with MLB, I think that you should only get 3 votes (not 15) to get elected.
5. The Draft - I don't see why a player should have to wait 3 years after high school to be eligible for the draft again, should they elect to go to college.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Metsfan75 said:
5. Yankees Fans over hyping their team.

4. Yankees Ballpark

3. Yankees Management

2. Yankees Announcers

1. Alex Rodriguez
icon_lol.gif

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
#1 wussy players who go on the DL for B.S.
#2 teams that put players on the DL because they are sucking up the place.
#3 thug type players that can not where a baseball cap properly, this is baseball not basketball!
#4 players with a .240 AVG standing at home plate watching his 3rd HR in 500 AB's
#5 players batting sub .230 crying about being moved down in the order!!!!!
icon_facepalm.gif

i will add a sixth
#6 wayyyyy to many Chumps playing.
icon_twisted.gif

Members online

Latest posts