Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is the most U have paid for card of a player you hate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
When I was working on my 71 Topps FB set in PSA 7 or better, I vowed to get all HOFers in PSA 8 or better.

Well the O.J. Simpson is notoriously hard to find in a straight PSA 8 holder as its a corner sheet card. I hadn't seen one on ebay in forever.

I wen't to a show in Chicago and a guy had a PSA 8 Joe Namath, Joe Greene and the Simpson.

He wanted more for the Simpson than the Namath and Greene combined ($350). I really struggled with the decision but bought the Namath and Greene and later bought a PSA 7 Simpson.

I really couldn't stomach paying over 3 bills for a card of a murderer.

I recently saw a 7 sell again for 30 bucks and I was wondering what the most anyone here has paid or would pay for a card of a player they disliked.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
I was about to pay 150$ for a card that had a player I like AND a player I hate, but I ended up not buying it because of the player I hate.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
wolfmanalfredo said:
I really don't buy anything of players I dislike. Don't really think I hate anyone

+1

Feel the exact same way. If I dislike a player, I have no desire to buy their cards. I don't set collect so for me it's not really a problem.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I had to use the word hate due to title constiction but strong dislike would also work.

For example I really really really really dislike Phillip Rivers.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I am putting together a 2010 Treasures Football RPA set and I am hoping Tebow flames out so I don't have to pay 300 for it. I am worried though if he has a good season it will sky rocket.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
i would never buy a card of a player i hate
i recently started some 90s insert sets, and I will complete the set my way (all the cards minus anyone who has a card in the set i hate)
i know its not truly a set but I will have every card of a player in the set that i like or dont care about(dont like and dont hate), so theres really no more to add to the set for me and there never will be, which in my opinion is a set

Members online

Latest posts